These easy vegan Saguaro Holiday Tostadas are a healthy addition to your holiday party. Kids will love these!
Christmas in July
These Saguaro Holiday Tostadas are for all of you in the southern hemisphere who celebrate Christmas in July, or for anyone who likes to plan way ahead here in the northern hemisphere.
I actually made these vegan tostadas a few days before Christmas last year, but I didn't want to push myself to have the post ready right before Christmas.
The holidays are stressful enough without adding unneeded stress on top of it.These easy vegan Saguaro Holiday Tostadas are a healthy addition to your holiday party. Kids will love these! Click To Tweet
I was gifted a saguaro shaped cookie cutter awhile back and knew it would have to be used on tortillas. It wasn't until Christmas was right around the corner that I got the brilliant idea to make Saguaro Holiday Tostadas.
How to Make Saguaro Holiday Tostadas
First, cut tortillas into saguaro shapes, then bake them. If you don't have a saguaro shaped cookie cutter, you could draw one to use as a template. Then, cut around the template.
Top with guacamole, vegan cheddar, chopped tomatoes, and sliced Kalamata olives. They are not only cute, but tasty too!
Other Vegan Christmas Recipes You Might Like
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
Tips for Making Vegan Tostadas
- Make the saguaro tortillas first. That way the toppings stay fresh longer.
- Chop the vegan cheddar and use a cookie cutter or template to make the stars.
- Cut the tomatoes into tiny squares.
- Slice the olives, then make a slit in one side so that it can be strung out like garland.
- Make the guacamole last.
- Now it's time to decorate your saguaro tortillas!
Saguaro Holiday Tostadas Recipe
These vegan Christmas appetizers are perfect for a Christmas in July party!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For this recipe you will need a saguaro cactus cookie cutter. Mine was a gift, so this was the closest I could find. It is 6" long just like mine.
Saguaro Holiday Tostadas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a saguaro cookie cutter or template, cut tortillas into cactus shapes. Brush with olive oil and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on each. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using a star cookie cutter or template, cut vegan cheddar into 6 star shapes. Then cut tiny squares with the rest of the slice. These will be the lights.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into tiny pieces. These will be more lights.
- Slice the Kalamata olives. Then with each slice, make a slit on one side. Splay it open. This will be the garland.
- Assemble the tostadas by spreading guacamole on each one. Place vegan cheddar stars on the top. Place the Kalamata olive garland next. Then carefully place the tiny cherry tomato and vegan cheddar pieces on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.