This easy Vegan Apple Crisp is a great alternative to apple pie for the holidays! It is sweet, rich, and comforting.
If you want an easy dessert for Thanksgiving, this Vegan Apple Crisp recipe is the way to go. It's so much easier than apple pie, but with similar flavors. I'm not a baker, so an apple crisp is the perfect baked dessert for me.
Thanksgiving can be a bit overwhelming, so to give yourself a break, make this Vegan Apple Crisp. No one will miss the pie. I promise.
If you aren't an apple fan, or want to switch things up, you could use pears instead. During Summer months make it with peaches or cherries.
It tastes great with a couple of scoops of vegan vanilla ice cream or salted caramel vegan ice cream, which is how I enjoyed mine.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Granny Smith apples: I like Granny Smith apple for their tart flavor. You could also use Golden Delicious apples, Gala, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or your favorite.
- Lemon juice: For some acidity. It balances out the sweetness of the other flavors.
- Maple syrup: For a sweet rich maple flavor.
- Gluten-free rolled oats: To add a crunchy crumbly topping. You could also use more nuts and flour.
- Super-fine almond flour: For a nutty flavor. You could also use oat flour or grind your own rolled oats to make flour.
- Chopped pecans: For a nutty flavor. You could also use walnuts.
- Coconut oil: To grease the baking dish and for the filling. You could also use vegan butter.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: To add a warm spice flavor.
- Salt: To bring out the sweetness of the other flavors.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Filling: In a bowl mix together lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add apples and spread the apple mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Topping: Mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add gluten free rolled oats, chopped pecans, and almond flour. Sprinkle over apples and bake.
You're going to want this easy vegan dessert on your Thanksgiving menu!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
🧂 You May Need
Vegan Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Add apples. Spread in a baking dish that has been coated with coconut oil.
- Mix maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Combine with oats, almond flour, and chopped pecans. Spread over apples in baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes covered with tinfoil. Then bake at 350° for 35 minutes uncovered.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.