These Tofu Scramble Stuffed Peppers are a unique twist on the traditional tofu scramble. They are loaded with Italian flavors and can be served for dinner.
I recently got four green peppers that needed to be eaten ASAP, so I knew they would have to be the star of a meal. Looking into my pantry, and knowing I didn't have a grain to add to the peppers, I decided to make Tofu Scramble Stuffed Peppers.
Just like tofu scramble, whether it be in a burrito or other form, it is customizable. You can include all your favorite herbs, spices, and veggies.
I just happened to include things that I had in my kitchen and pantry. I added tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and vegan mozzarella to these peppers to give an Italian flair.
Last year, I was given some beautiful plates and bowls as a gift. They all have different color combinations.
It is funny because at the time of receiving them, I had just finished my latest backdrop (painting on canvas board), which just happened to match the colors of a couple of the plates perfectly.
Here's a way to have your tofu scramble for dinner!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Tofu Scramble Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice green peppers in half and take out the membranes and seeds. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add green peppers. Cook until just tender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Crumble tofu and add it to the pan. Cook until starting to brown. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add tomato sauce, chopped green pepper, and spices. Cook until green pepper is crisp tender.
- Add Roma tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Stuff pepper halves with tofu mixture. Top with vegan mozzarella. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until green peppers are tender.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.