These sweet and salty Homemade Payday Bars taste just like Payday candy bars, but they're vegan and have only 3 ingredients!
These Homemade Payday Bars will satisfy both your sweet and salty cravings.
With only 3 ingredients (not counting salt), these sweet and salty bars could not be any easier.
What Ingredients Are in a Payday Bar?
The original PayDay bar has peanuts, corn syrup, skim milk, palm oil, sunflower oil, carrageenan, salt, mono and diglycerides.
This vegan homemade version has roasted peanuts, peanut butter, salt (which I didn't count as an ingredient) and sweetened condensed coconut milk
How to Make This Recipe
Combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly.
Pour into a plastic lined 6x6" container and freeze for at least an hour. Slice into 6 long pieces or 12 small ones. Roll in halved peanuts.
Other Vegan Bars
- Sesame Crunch Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars
- Cashew Cranberry Bars
- Use roasted and salted peanuts for a sweet and salty candy bar. I used cocktail peanuts for half the recipe and dry roasted for the other half. Both worked well.
- If you make these into 6 bars, they are jumbo sized. I prefer them smaller, so I ended up making them into 12.
- Store in the freezer for the best consistency.
How Long Do They Last?
This payday candy bar recipes lasts 3-4 months in the freezer.
Are There Any Substitutions I Can Make?
You could use a different nut and nut butter, but then it wouldn't be a Payday bar right! You could try these with another sweetener, like maple syrup, agave syrup, sugar, or powdered sugar, but I haven't tried this recipe with any of those so I can't comment on the results.
These peanut bars are really easy to make. It's waiting for them to set in the freezer that's the hard part!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Homemade Payday Bars
- 11.25 ounces can of sweetened condensed coconut milk (1 cup)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 cups roasted and salted peanuts halved
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined 6x6" baking dish (or similar size). Place in the freezer to set.
- Lift out mixture by the plastic wrap. Cut into 6 large pieces if you want jumbo candy bars. They'll be about 5 ½" long and 1" thick. If you want small bars, cut into 12 pieces.
- Roll each bar in the halved peanuts. Store in the freezer for best consistency.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.