These sweet moist Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies are a healthy treat. You would never know there's chickpeas in them.
Anytime I can sneak in a healthy ingredient into a recipe, I am all over it. These easy blondies have several healthy ingredients, so you don't have to feel guilty eating them.These sweet moist Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies are a healthy treat. You would never know there's chickpeas in them. Click To Tweet
How to Make this Recipe
Mix pumpkin purée, chickpeas, almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and salt in a food processor, Fold in chocolate chips and bake.
Other Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- If you have a peanut allergy you could use another nut butter or a seed butter.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or less chocolate chips. Just keep in mind wet to dry ingredient ratios. If you want more maple syrup for example, you will be adding more moisture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about a week, if you can control yourself!
How Long Do These Last?
These vegan blondies will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Additions / Variations
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Almond flour or another flour
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge.
Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- Coconut oil (optional - if not using parchment paper)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Line a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- Spread mixture in dish. Top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips, pushing them into the bars.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean (keeping in mind you could hit a chocolate chip with the toothpick).
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.