These sweet Stuffed Date Footballs are perfect for game day. Sure to please and impress your guests!
It’s kick off time! Here to kick off the Super Bowl party are some Stuffed Date Footballs with vegan cream cheese and nuts. These add a perfect addition to the table. They are a nice sweet treat to balance the spread of rich snack foods. For more ideas for the big day, check out my 15 Vegan Super Bowl Recipes.
Stuffed Date Footballs
- 6 walnuts or pecans (1 nut per date)
- 6 dates – I used Medjool dates
- 3 teaspoons vegan cream cheese – I used Tofutti (1/2 teaspoon per date)
- Crush nuts with mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
- Slice each date down one side and stuff with crushed nuts and vegan cream cheese.
- With a knife, scoop out a tiny bit of the vegan cream cheese. Working with your fingers, roll it into a little strip. Repeat process making four strips for each date.
*Note – To make the strips it is best to have the vegan cream cheese as cold as possible (but don’t put in the freezer!). So if you have a lot of stuffed dates to make, I would work quickly or in batches. The more you handle the vegan cream cheese, the softer it gets and is hard to sculpt.