This homemade Pomegranate Kombucha is a sweet fizzy treat. It's easy to make, and much cheaper than store-bought.
I am a huge kombucha lover. I drink it daily. If you are like me, it only makes sense to make homemade kombucha. It saves a lot of money to make your own, and it is pretty easy to make.
This Pomegranate Kombucha is made with 100% pomegranate juice and homemade kombucha.
Two Types of Fermentation
To make homemade kombucha, you start with the first fermentation.
The first fermentation of kombucha is when you combine sweetened tea, a kombucha scoby, and some starter tea. You let it ferment for 7-21 days and the result is uncarbonated unflavored kombucha.
To make Pomegranate Kombucha, you will be making a second fermentation.
The second fermentation involves taking that kombucha you made in the first fermentation and adding flavor. You let it ferment for another 3-5 days in sealed bottles. The result is a fizzy flavored drink.
You can ferment even longer, if needed, letting the kombucha ferment up to 14 days. It all depends on the amount of sugar content in the flavor you're adding, and the temperature of the room.
Warmer temperatures will cause faster fermentation, and higher sugar content will also speed up fermentation.
How to Make This Recipe
Pour ½ cup pomegranate juice into each bottle. Pour your freshly fermented homemade kombucha into the bottles, leaving 1-2" head space. Let sit 3-5 days.
Pop open the lids at least once a day. Pressure builds, and this allows it to escape. Taste each day to test its flavor and fizziness. For this recipe I let mine ferment 5 days.
This homemade Pomegranate Kombucha is a sweet fizzy treat. It's easy to make, and much cheaper than store-bought. Click To Tweet
Other Drinks You Might Like
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Mint Hot Chocolate
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- 12 cups homemade kombucha
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- Using a funnel, pour ½ cup pomegranate juice into each 25 ounce bottle with flip top lid or another air tight bottle.
- Using a funnel, pour freshly made homemade kombucha into each bottle leaving 1-2" head space.
- Let bottles sit out (at 75° - 85°) 3-5 days, making sure to pop the lids each day to let out the pressure of the carbon dioxide. Taste each day to test its flavor and fizziness.
- Refrigerate when you are happy with the amount of fizz and flavor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.