These sweet Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites are crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
These sweet vegan Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites are the perfect dessert bite. Made with unsweetened coconut milk yogurt mixed with peanut butter and sweetener then covered in melted dark chocolate, what's not to love!
These vegan yogurt bites have a creamy peanut butter center and a crunchy chocolate coating. Since unsweetened vegan yogurt is used you can control how much sweetener goes into these.
The inspiration for these vegan Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites came from my Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Dessert Dip. It is so good that I ate it by the spoonful for breakfast one day.
It's basically unsweetened yogurt mixed with peanut butter and sweetener for half of the dip. The other half is unsweetened yogurt, sweetener, and cacao powder.
The two dips are then swirled into a bowl for a pretty presentation.
I figured why not make some frozen chocolate covered yogurt bites out of the dips. What a great idea indeed! These vegan yogurt bites turned out just as good as I expected.
I have always loved peanut butter and chocolate together. In fact, I think they are one of my favorite dessert combinations. Many times you will find me eating chocolate chips with peanut butter by the spoonful or a slab of dark chocolate with peanut butter spread on top.
If I am out of chocolate chips or a dark chocolate bar (they don't last long in my house), then I'll resort to making my own chocolate peanut butter concoction.
I grab peanut butter, cacao powder, and maple syrup or agave syrup, and add almond milk or water. Yum!
- When melting the chocolate, watch over it. Do not heat it too long or let water touch it - both will cause it to seize up.
- The same goes for microwaving the chocolate. If you heat it too long, it will seize up.
- No fancy equipment is needed (like silicone molds), instead you can use an ice cube tray.
- Make sure the peanut butter bites are completely frozen before dipping them into the melted chocolate.
- A fork works well to dip the yogurt bites into the chocolate so that the excess chocolate will drip off into the bowl.
Other Sweet Treats
- Vegan Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Ice cube tray
Peanut butter filling
Peanut Butter Filling
- Mix peanut butter filling ingredients. Pour 2 tablespoons in each ice cube slot of an ice cube tray. Freeze until solid.
- Heat a couple of inches of water in a pot or double boiler. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat safe dish over pot filled with water. Turn down the heat. Sir to combine. Remove from the heat when the chocolate is nearly melted. Don't cook it too long or let it touch any water or it will seize up and get hard.
- With a fork, dip a peanut butter yogurt bite into chocolate. Place on a parchment lined tray. Repeat with each yogurt bite. Freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.