Fresh veggies layered in a sandwich with herbaceous green Goddess dip make this Green Goddess Sandwich a winner for summer!
Green Goddess dip, cucumber, avocado, onion, and sprouts come together in this Green Goddess Sandwich to make one easy healthy meal. Make it ahead of time and pack it for lunch or have it with a salad for dinner.
It is herby and delicious, with crunchy veggies and a creamy homemade Green Goddess Dip, it is sure to please.
If you like herby sandwiches, try my Avocado Pesto Grilled Cheese. It has an avocado basil pesto that tastes great on pasta, sandwiches and Avocado Pesto Potato Salad.
Serve it with some Zucchini Tots or Spicy Baked French Fries.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Bread: I used a gluten-free oat bread. Use your favorite.
- Green Goddess Dip: Adds a creamy herby flavor.
- Avocado, cucumber, onion, daikon radish sprouts: I like these veggies in this sandwich. Use your favorite vegetables.
- Salt: Enhances flavors. I like to salt an avocado. I feel it really needs it.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
First, make the Green Goddess Dip by mixing vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, fresh parsley, tarragon, chives, basil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
Toast bread, if desired. Spread Green Goddess dip on both slices of bread.
Mash ripe avocado onto bread so that the sandwich stays together better. Salt the avocado.
Layer sliced cucumber, onion, and sprouts on top of mashed avocado.
I suggest making this green Goddess sandwich recipe right before serving, but you can make it a day ahead for a brown bag lunch.
The dip will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Greens: spinach, kale, arugula, romaine lettuce
- Fresh herbs: tarragon, basil, chives, dill, parsley
- Green onions
- Your favorite veggies
🥪 Other Veggie Sandwiches
This veggie sandwich is sure to become a favorite! The Green Goddess Dip alone is addictive.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For this sandwich I used Follow Your Heart Oat bread, which is vegan and gluten free. I would link to it, but Amazon doesn't carry it at the time of writing this.
Here's another bread I love that's vegan and gluten free. It's a millet chia bread which is soft and squishy like white bread.
🧂 You May Need
Green Goddess Sandwich
- 2 slices gluten free bread - I used Follow Your Heart oat bread
- 2 tablespoons Green Goddess Dip (or more for dipping)
- ¼ avocado
- 6 slices cucumber
- 3 slices onion
- ¼ cup sprouts - I used daikon
- Toast bread if desired. Spread Green Goddess Dip on both slices of bread.
- Place avocado on bread, mashing it into sandwich if desired. This helps the sandwich to stay together better. Sprinkle salt on top of avocado.
- Layer cucumber, onion, and sprouts on top. Place other slice on top.
- Serve with extra Green Goddess Dip, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply