This easy Soy Curls Jerky is savory and flavorful. Take it on a road trip or camping. Made with just the right amount of seasonings.
This Soy Curls Jerky can be added to a salad, tacos, nachos, or eaten straight. It is tender and chewy with crispy bits.
Since a bag of soy curls has all different shapes and sizes, when it bakes you get some tender pieces and some crispy pieces.
I love to add the crispy pieces to a salad and eat the larger pieces straight or add them to a sandwich.
Making your own homemade vegan jerky is much cheaper than store-bought and it is super easy to do.
- Soy curls: I used Butler soy curls. You can find them online.
- Tamari: Adds a salty umami flavor. I used low-sodium gluten-free tamari so that I can control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce.
- Maple syrup: Adds a sweet maple flavor. You could also use brown sugar or agave syrup.
- Paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder: Add a peppery and salty flavor.
- Liquid smoke: Adds a smoky flavor.
- Black pepper: Adds spice.
- Olive oil: Helps the soy curls retain moisture.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a large bowl soak soy curls in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
Step 2: Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3: Whisk to combine. Pour the marinade mixture over the soy curls. Stir to combine. Spread soy curls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake until chewy or your desired texture, stopping to flip every 20 minutes.
- Taste the marinade before adding to the soy curls to see if you want more spices or maple syrup.
- Let them marinate for an hour to really soak up the flavors.
- Make sure to flip every 20 minutes to achieve a chewy texture. Since the soy curls are all different shapes and sizes, if they aren't flipped you'll have uneven crispiness.
- Since the soy curls are all different sizes, you'll have some crispy ones and some chewier ones.
You can store this vegan jerky recipe at room temperature for 5 days in a sealed container or 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Wraps or sandwiches
- Loaded baked potato
Soy Curls Recipes
If you tried this Soy Curls Jerky Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Soy Curls Jerky
- Soak soy curls in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and press out excess water.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add soy curls. Toss to coat.
- Spread soy curls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 250°, tossing every 20 minutes for a total of 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes, depending upon how crispy you like them.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.