This creamy Sriracha Coleslaw has quite the kick. Made with spicy sriracha sauce, it is the perfect addition to a BBQ sandwich or served as a side at your next BBQ or picnic. Why settle for a traditional coleslaw when you can have a spicy coleslaw instead!
Vegan Coleslaw with a Kick
It's that time of year when people head outside to celebrate the warmer temperatures with picnics, BBQs, and other outdoor gatherings, and what better side dish to have a place at the table than a creamy coleslaw.
This Sriracha Coleslaw was inspired by my craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich. I knew that I wanted a spicy coleslaw to top it.
I already had a Jicama Slaw where I used sriracha sauce, and because of the ingredients in the BBQ lentils I decided a Sriracha Coleslaw was the route to go.
Vegan coleslaw with a kick, that's my kind of coleslaw!
I actually don't eat coleslaw very often. I prefer a loaded salad with my latest favorite dressing and ingredients.
But when a craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich strikes me, I know a creamy coleslaw is in order. The spicy coleslaw provided the perfect contrasting crunch to the softer texture of the BBQ Lentils.This creamy Sriracha Coleslaw has quite the kick. Made with spicy sriracha sauce, it is the perfect addition to a BBQ sandwich or served as a side at your next BBQ or picnic. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Salads
- Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Crispy Tofu Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Garden Salad with Herbed Croutons and Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
How to Make This Recipe
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar.
- Add cabbage and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make the Sriracha Coleslaw the day before and refrigerate it overnight. The juices from the veggies will add flavor to the dressing. If you prefer a less liquidy coleslaw, make it 30 minutes before serving.
- Taste the coleslaw dressing as you make it. You may want more or less sugar and sriracha sauce.
- Use a shredded mix to make it easier, or...
- If you prefer to save money over time, julienne the cabbage and carrots yourself.
How Long Will It Last?
This coleslaw will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- brown rice vinegar
- lime juice
- vegan yogurt
- maple syrup
This spicy coleslaw recipe takes traditional coleslaw to a whole new level. You may never go back to your basic coleslaw recipe again!
*If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add coleslaw and salt and pepper. Mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Do You Prepear?
I have partnered with Prepear as one of their Meal Plan Pros to offer meal plans and recipes to users. It makes meal planning fast and easy! Plus it's FREE!