This creamy Sriracha Coleslaw has quite the kick. Made with spicy sriracha sauce, it is the perfect addition to a BBQ sandwich.
It's that time of year when people head outside to celebrate the warmer temperatures with picnics, BBQs, and other outdoor gatherings, and what better side dish to have a place at the table than a creamy coleslaw.
This Sriracha Coleslaw was inspired by my craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich. I knew that I wanted a spicy coleslaw to top it.
Vegan coleslaw with a kick, that's my kind of coleslaw!
I actually don't eat coleslaw very often. I prefer a loaded salad with my latest favorite dressing and ingredients.
But when a craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich strikes me, I know a creamy coleslaw is in order. The spicy coleslaw provided the perfect contrasting crunch to the softer texture of the BBQ Lentils.
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar.
- Add cabbage and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make the Sriracha Coleslaw the day before and refrigerate it overnight. The juices from the veggies will add flavor to the dressing. If you prefer a less liquidy coleslaw, make it 30 minutes before serving.
- Taste the coleslaw dressing as you make it. You may want more or less sugar and sriracha sauce.
- Use a shredded mix to make it easier, or...
- If you prefer to save money over time, julienne the cabbage and carrots yourself.
This coleslaw will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- brown rice vinegar
- lime juice
- vegan yogurt
- maple syrup
- Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Crispy Tofu Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
This spicy coleslaw recipe takes traditional coleslaw to a whole new level. You may never go back to your basic coleslaw recipe again!
*If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add coleslaw and salt and pepper. Mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.