This creamy Sriracha Coleslaw has quite the kick. Made with spicy sriracha sauce, it is the perfect addition to a BBQ sandwich.
It's that time of year when people head outside to celebrate the warmer temperatures with picnics, BBQs, and other outdoor gatherings, and what better side dish to have a place at the table than a creamy coleslaw.
This Sriracha Coleslaw was inspired by my craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich. I knew that I wanted a spicy coleslaw to top it.
Vegan coleslaw with a kick, that's my kind of coleslaw!
I actually don't eat coleslaw very often. I prefer a loaded salad with my latest favorite dressing and ingredients.
But when a craving for a BBQ Lentil Sandwich strikes me, I know a creamy coleslaw is in order. The spicy coleslaw provided the perfect contrasting crunch to the softer texture of the BBQ Lentils.
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar.
- Add cabbage and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make the Sriracha Coleslaw the day before and refrigerate it overnight. The juices from the veggies will add flavor to the dressing. If you prefer a less liquidy coleslaw, make it 30 minutes before serving.
- Taste the coleslaw dressing as you make it. You may want more or less sugar and sriracha sauce.
- Use a shredded mix to make it easier, or...
- If you prefer to save money over time, julienne the cabbage and carrots yourself.
This coleslaw will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- brown rice vinegar
- lime juice
- vegan yogurt
- maple syrup
- Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Crispy Tofu Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
This spicy coleslaw recipe takes traditional coleslaw to a whole new level. You may never go back to your basic coleslaw recipe again!
*If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups tricolor coleslaw mix green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots
- Salt and pepper
- Mix vegan mayo, sriracha sauce, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add coleslaw and salt and pepper. Mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
This recipe is exactly what I have been looking for! It is delicious and simple to make. Thanks for sharing
Willow Moon says
Thanks so much Kimberly! I'm glad you liked it!
Ginger Walnut Wraps, Vegan Cheese Puffs, and now this Cole Slaw.... I have only tried 3 concoctions of yours and so far all three are the absolute most delicious things I have ever put into my mouth. So I’ve come to the conclusion that either you and I have identical taste buds, or you’ve sold your soul to a vegan devil for these recipes.
In any case, keep up the fantastic work, Willow, you have a subscriber for life.
Willow Moon says
That makes my day Amy! Thank you so much! It's nice to know someone out there has the same taste buds as me.
I made this for a potluck at work and many of my co-workers asked me for the recipe. I am going to check out other recipes on your site so maybe I can have another great dish for the next potluck!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Felicity, I hope you find more recipes that you like!