These ooey gooey sweet Campfire Stuffed Bananas are easy to make and will soon be your new camping go-to favorite!
I go camping quite a bit, and these stuffed banana boats are a perfect campfire dessert. They are fast and easy, and there's very little cleanup.
I used pecans, dark chocolate baking chunks, and coconut flakes, but you could customize them to your tastes.
- Slice open banana peel down the center. Slice into the banana down the center. Repeat with the rest of the bananas.
- Stuff bananas with shredded coconut, chopped pecans and chocolate chips, or whatever suites your fancy.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place over coals of a campfire, or bake in oven until chocolate is melted and banana is softened.
Variations / Additions
- Other nuts: walnuts, almonds, peanuts
- Vegan marshmallows
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Nut butters: peanut, almond, cashew
- Vegan graham style crackers
- Vegan candy
- Fresh fruit, freeze dried fruit or dried fruit
Other Sweet Treats
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Apple Nachos
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Dessert Dip
Who needs s'mores when you can have stuffed bananas!
This recipe was originally published on March 24, 2015. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Campfire Stuffed Bananas
- 4 bananas
- ½ cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate baking chunks
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- Slice banana peel and banana with a knife. Repeat with the other bananas. Stuff each banana with 2 tablespoons chocolate chunks, 2 tablespoons pecans, and 1 tablespoon coconut flakes.
- Wrap in tinfoil. Heat over coals for 7-10 minutes until chocolate melts and banana gets gooey. If baking, preheat oven to 350°. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Oooooooh if there was ever a weekend getaway cooking course with you please put my name in!!!!!!
You are a welcoming gem!!!
I enjoy reading your recipes
With love from Montréal, Québec
Willow Moon says
Thank you so much! That makes my day!