These ooey gooey sweet Campfire Stuffed Bananas are easy to make and will soon be your new camping go-to favorite!
I go camping quite a bit, and these stuffed banana boats are a perfect campfire dessert. They are fast and easy, and there's very little cleanup.
I used pecans, dark chocolate baking chunks, and coconut flakes, but you could customize them to your tastes.
Another recipe to try is my Homemade Banana Cream Pie Kombucha recipe.
- Slice open banana peel down the center. Slice into the banana down the center. Repeat with the rest of the bananas.
- Stuff bananas with shredded coconut, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips, or whatever suits your fancy.
- Wrap in tinfoil and place over coals of a campfire, or bake in the oven until chocolate is melted and banana is softened.
Variations / Additions
- Other nuts: walnuts, almonds, peanuts
- Vegan marshmallows
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Nut butter: peanut, almond, cashew
- Vegan graham style crackers
- Vegan candy
- Fresh fruit, freeze dried fruit, or dried fruit
Other Sweet Treats
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Apple Nachos
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Dessert Dip
Who needs s'mores when you can have stuffed bananas?
This recipe was originally published on March 24, 2015. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Campfire Stuffed Bananas
- Slice banana peel and banana with a knife. Repeat with the other bananas. Stuff each banana with 2 tablespoons chocolate chunks, 2 tablespoons pecans, and 1 tablespoon coconut flakes.
- Wrap in tinfoil. Heat over coals for 7-10 minutes until chocolate melts and banana gets gooey. If baking, preheat oven to 350°. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.