These vegan Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Beans on Toast are an easy inexpensive meal, made with pantry staples. Eat them for breakfast or anytime!
If you are looking for an easy meal that is also easy on the pocketbook, then you have come to the right place. This Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Beans on Toast is made with mostly pantry staples and cooks up in no time.
After I made this recipe, I decided the sauce tasted like BBQ sauce, so I posted it as a 4 Ingredient Sriracha BBQ Sauce, with a slight change to the recipe. With only 4 ingredients, how much easier could it be?
Beans on toast is very much a British thing, which I was introduced to long ago. I fell in love with how simple and inexpensive it is.
It is the perfect meal for camping, especially on cold days when you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking outside. Being patient while being cold and hungry just doesn't go together in the same sentence.
If you are really in a hurry you could use store-bought vegetarian baked beans, but after you taste this sauce, and know how easy it is to make, you won't want to.
Besides BBQ beans on toast, you could use the beans in tacos with some slaw or on a BBQ pizza. That shows how my brain works - I go right for fusion cuisine.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are sweet and spicy.
- They make a great meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Made with pantry staples, they are perfect for camping.
- Sriracha sauce: Adds spicy flavor.
- Maple syrup: Add a sweet maple flavor.
- Ketchup: Adds A sweet, tangy flavor.
- Blackstrap molasses: Adds a deep, rich sweet flavor.
- Great Northern beans: You could use another type of white beans.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor. I like to use sea salt.
- Bread: I used brown rice gluten-free bread. Use your favorite bread.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix sriracha sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, and molasses.
Step 2: Add the mixture to a pan along with the beans. Cook until the sauce cooks down.
Step 3: Serve over toast.
Other Sweet and Spicy Recipes
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Beans on toast is a common meal in the United Kingdom.
Other Vegan Bean Recipes
If you tried this Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Beans on Toast Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Beans on Toast
- Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl and add them to a pan.
- Add beans to the pan. Cook on medium heat until some of the sauce cooks down, about 5 minutes depending upon how saucy you want it.
- Serve over toast.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.