These guilt free vegan Apple Nachos will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but provide you with a healthy treat!
It’s Raining, It’s Pouring…
Today it has been pouring all day.* For many people that would be a bad thing. For us Tucsonans that is a wonderful thing, because we have well over 300 days out of the year that are sunny.
On a side note the urban dictionary definition of a Tucsonan is: anyone who has ever spent a Summer in Tucson without leaving. That cracked me up when I read it. (The Summer’s here are 100°F and above.)
I actually try to get away at least once, if not twice during the Summer months for a road trip. That doesn’t always happen, but I try. I like to get out of the heat and up into higher elevations. Flagstaff is only four hours away, which makes for a nice retreat.
*Disclaimer – Many times I write my posts way in advance, so those of you living in Tucson, you don’t need to comment that it has been sunny all day. This was actually written in January!
The Rain Won’t Stop Me!
Even though I don’t like to do a photo shoot on days like today, I thought it would be worth it because I was aching to make these vegan Apple Nachos.
When I get an idea in my head, it is hard to extract it. I just figured I would find the window with the most light and shoot these gems on a beautiful mesquite table next to it.
These Apple Nachos are pretty much guilt free, with only a little chocolate, peanut butter, pecans, and coconut oil. I literally ate this whole plateful for lunch!
If you are looking for an even healthier fun snack, try my Coconut Peanut Butter Apple Pizzas.
These Vegan Apple Nachos are a healthy indulgent treat! Click To Tweet
Other Sweet Treats You Might Like
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Dessert Dip
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars
- Berry and Chocolate Hummus Dessert Pizza
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Melt peanut butter with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted.
- Melt 1 tablespoon chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted. Check every 30 seconds or so, stirring each time.
- Slice apples into skinny wedges. Sprinkle lemon juice on them if not serving right away. This will prevent browning.
- Arrange apple wedges on a plate and drizzle peanut butter mixture and chocolate mixture over the top. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and coconut flakes on top.