This comforting Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables is an as easy weeknight meal. Who needs take-out when you can make it yourself!
One of my favorite things to eat is Thai curry. I have tried many different curries - red, green, yellow, sweet, and spicy. Green is by far my favorite.
It's the dish I always order at a Thai restaurant.
For those of you who are vegan or vegetarian, make sure you read the label of the curry paste (which I'm sure you're used to doing anyway). Some contain fish sauce.This comforting Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables is an as easy weeknight meal. Who needs take-out when you can make it yourself! Click To Tweet
Other Recipes with Thai Curry Paste
- 5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Red Curry with Tofu and Kabocha Squash
- Thai Green Curry Salad with Cashews
- Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
How to Make This Recipe
Drain and press the tofu. Slice into cubes.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cubed tofu. Cook until browned, turning as it cooks. Remove and set aside.
Chop vegetables so they are ready. Turn the skillet that you used for the tofu on medium heat.
Add olive oil and curry paste. Cook for about a minute. Add garlic.
Next add vegetables, green onion, serrano pepper, coconut milk, and brown sugar. Cook until tender, stirring as it cooks to dissolve the curry paste and brown sugar.
Return the tofu to the pan, and cook just until heated through.
Serve over brown rice noodles or rice.
This vegan green curry will quickly become one of your favorite go-to meals when you want some comfort food!
*I originally posted this recipe December 14, 2014. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 baby portobello mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 14 oz. package of firm tofu drained and pressed
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste or to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- ½ serrano pepper finely diced (optional)
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- Brown rice noodles or rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Thai basil or regular basil, for garnish (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Slice tofu into cubes.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add tofu and salt. Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the same pan. Add curry paste. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, veggies, green onion, serrano pepper, coconut milk, and brown sugar. Cook until tender, stirring as it cooks to dissolve the curry paste and brown sugar, about 10 minutes (depending on how large vegetables are cut).
- Add tofu to the pan. Cook until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Curry has a lot of sodium, so you won't need much, if any.)
- Serve over brown rice noodles or rice. Top with Thai basil and cilantro.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.