These rich Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce are a comfort food favorite! Thai noodles are covered in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce.
I have my favorite go-to meals, and Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce is definitely at the top of the list. In fact, any sweet and spicy peanut sauce is on my go-to list. I make a slightly different version with Vegetable Spring Rolls.
I have made this sauce so many times that I don’t need to refer to my recipe. That’s how much I love it!
For this recipe I marinated the tofu in a ginger garlic sesame sauce. I lightly steamed the carrots and red pepper, but you could put them in raw. I also added cilantro, basil, and crushed peanuts. This dish can be served hot or cold, but I prefer it hot.These rich Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce are sweet and spicy! Click To Tweet
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil + extra for cooking
- 2 tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 14 oz. firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned red pepper
- 4 oz. Pad Thai brown rice noodles
- basil leaves, chopped
- cilantro leaves, chopped
- crushed peanuts or chili peanuts
- peanut sauce (recipe follows)
- Combine minced ginger, garlic, tamari, mirin, sesame oil, and brown rice vinegar. Cut tofu into bite sizes pieces and put into marinade. Marinade for at least an hour.
- In a medium skillet, heat the sesame oil on medium heat. Add the tofu with marinade to the hot pan.
- Cook until browned, then flip and brown the other side. Set aside.
- Steam carrots and red pepper until tender.
- Heat Pad Thai brown rice noodles in water according to directions.
- Place Pad Thai noodles and peanut sauce in a bowl. Add a small amount of the hot pasta water, if desired. Add tofu and veggies. Reheat if necessary.
- Top with chopped basil, cilantro leaves, and crushed peanuts. Serve hot or cold.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.