These rich Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce are a comfort food favorite! Thai noodles are covered in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce.
I have my favorite go-to meals, and Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce is definitely at the top of the list. In fact, any sweet and spicy peanut sauce is on my go-to list. I make a slightly different version with Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls.
I have made this sauce so many times that I don't need to refer to my recipe. That's how much I love it!
For this recipe I marinated the tofu in a ginger garlic sesame sauce. I lightly steamed the carrots and red pepper, but you could put them in raw. I also added cilantro, basil, and crushed peanuts. This dish can be served hot or cold, but I prefer it hot.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes
- Baked Tofu Temaki Sushi with Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Teriyaki Tofu and Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten Free Vegan Tempura
- Sweet Potato Sushi Rolls with Quinoa
How Long Will It Last?
This recipe will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This is at the top of the list of my meals to have on a deserted island. Even if that island was hot and humid!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup sweet red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil + extra for cooking
- 2 tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 14 oz. firm or extra firm tofu
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup julienned red pepper
- 4 oz. Pad Thai brown rice noodles
- basil leaves chopped
- cilantro leaves chopped
- crushed peanuts or chili peanuts
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Combine minced ginger, garlic, sesame oil, tamari, mirin, and brown rice vinegar. Cut tofu into bite sizes pieces and put into marinade. Marinade for at least an hour.
- In a medium skillet, heat the sesame oil on medium heat. Add the tofu with marinade to the hot pan. Cook until browned, then flip and brown the other side. Set aside.
- Steam carrots and red pepper until tender.
- Heat Pad Thai brown rice noodles in water according to directions.
- Place Pad Thai noodles and peanut sauce in a bowl. Add a small amount of the hot pasta water, if desired. Add tofu and veggies. Reheat if necessary.
- Top with chopped basil, cilantro leaves, and crushed peanuts. Serve hot or cold.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
These are SO good! I love that peanut sauce!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Anne! Me too, I could drink it (or at least lick the bowl)!
I love Thai food and tofu! I'm definitely making this dish soon. Thanks for sharing!!
[email protected] Yoga Mat Monkey says
Thai food is amazing, and this recipe looks spectacular. I bet the peanut sauce would be good on salmon, too?
Willow Moon says
I wouldn't know since I have been vegan for 17 years, but I have seen other peanut sauce recipes that include meat.
Monica Bruno says
Yes! This is one of my favorite Thai dishes! I love the spicy sweet goodness!
Willow Moon says
Me too! I could eat it all the time if it wasn't for needing to come up with new recipes!