This comforting Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup is a perfect meal to warm you up on a cool day. It is rich and satisfying!
If I wasn't a blogger, I would eat curry more often. I love all kinds of curry.
One of my favorite dishes to make is Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables. Whenever I eat at a Thai restaurant, I always get curry.
Just talking about it makes me want to sneak curry into more of my recipes. Speaking of sneaking curry in, one appetizer that I snuck curry into where you would never expect it is in Curry Stuffed Jalapeños. I used a combination of ingredients that may just surprise you.
For this Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup, I used a Thai red curry paste, which I think goes quite nicely with butternut squash. I was recently gifted with PB2, so I used that in this recipe. I am not sure how I feel about these powered peanut butter products that take the fat out of a product.
I love that it is less calories, but fat in the right amount is a good thing. It makes you feel satiated.
There are good and bad kinds of fat, and a small amount from peanut butter is not a bad thing. I prefer foods in their whole form. Like I said, I was given PB2 as a gift, so I will use it. Feel free to use regular peanut butter.
Other Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño
- Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
- Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 3 Ingredient Pinto Bean Soup
Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This Thai curry peanut soup is comfort food in a bowl!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- ½ large butternut squash (4 cups, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling on squash
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
- 15 oz. can coconut milk full fat
- 4 oz. Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons PB2 or peanut butter
- cilantro and chopped peanuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ᵒ.
- Slice butternut squash in half. Remove seeds and stringy bits. Put one squash half on a baking sheet flesh side up. Drizzle olive oil on top. Roast at 400° for 40 minutes, or until fork-tender. After squash cools, peel skin off.
- Heat tablespoon of olive oil in pan. Add chopped onion. Cook until translucent. Add garlic and ginger, and cook a minute longer.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, vegetable broth, and peanut butter and cook about 10 minutes so flavors meld together.
- In a food processor, combine butternut squash and curry broth mixture, and mix until smooth. You will need to work in batches.
- Return soup to the stove to heat.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.