These Vegan Mexican Pinwheels are creamy on the inside with vegan cheese, refried beans, avocado and more. They're quick and easy to make.
These Vegan Mexican Pinwheels are perfect for a party or get-together. They're super easy to throw together and they are a foolproof appetizer.
They also make a great snack or lunch on the go. Since there's no cooking involved, they come together in no time.
These vegan pinwheels are basically a seven layer dip in pinwheel form.
- Leave vegan cheese out at room temperature so that it spreads easier.
- Heat tortilla for 30 seconds in the microwave or on the stove to make it pliable.
- Spread vegan cream cheese on tortilla.
- Next, spread refried beans on top of the vegan cream cheese.
- Mash avocado and spread on top of refried beans. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Grate vegan cheddar and sprinkle on top of avocado.
- Chop tomatoes and olives and sprinkle on top grated of vegan cheddar.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Roll tortilla tightly away from you.
- Slice with a serrated knife.
These vegan pinwheels will last about 1-2 days wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and placed in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
Wrap the rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and slice it when you are ready to serve. I suggest only making it the day before eating.
Variations / Additions
- Green onion
- Red pepper or other veggies
- Jalapeño or chipotle pepper
- Spinach or lettuce
- Vegan sour cream
- Spices (if you don't have refried beans with spices): taco seasoning or chili powder or chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, and Mexican oregano
Other Pinwheel Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Mexican Pinwheels
- 1 gluten free tortilla
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons refried beans with spices
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado or guacamole
- 2 tablespoons grated vegan cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives chopped
- Leave vegan cream cheese out at least 15 minutes to soften.
- Heat tortilla in the microwave 30 seconds or so to make it pliable.
- Spread vegan cream cheese on tortilla to the edges.
- Spread refried beans on top of vegan cream cheese.
- Spread mashed avocado on top of refried beans. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Sprinkle grated vegan cheddar on top of avocado.
- Sprinkle chopped cherry tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Roll tortilla tightly. Slice with a serrated knife.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply