These Vegan Veggie Pinwheels are filled with garden vegetables and herbs. They are the perfect sized appetizer or snack.
Every time my husband goes to the local Farmer’s Market he checks if there’s spinach amaranth tortillas because he knows how much I love them.
Many times he gets there late and the tortillas are sold out. Last weekend he got there early and the vendor had them in stock. Happy dance!
On the days that I am fortunate enough to get some of these beautiful flavorful tortillas, I quickly brainstorm what I’ll make with them and check what I have in stock.
It usually involves rearranging my recipes for the week. The tortillas are too pretty to not use them in a recipe or two.
One of the recipes I immediately thought of making was Vegan Veggie Pinwheels using my Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese. I posted the vegan cream cheese recipe years ago and it’s been well received by readers every year since.
After making the cream cheese recipe again this week I can see why. It is creamy with bursts of crunchy red pepper, carrots, and red onion.
Dill, chives, and parsley add an herby flavor. The vegan cream cheese goes really well with the hearty spinach amaranth tortillas.
Hopefully, you can find some tasty tortillas as well. Good tortillas really make all the difference. For a low carb version, cucumbers sliced on a mandoline would work nicely too.
These vegan veggie tortilla roll-ups make a great appetizer. I served them to some friends who aren’t vegan and they not only loved them, but couldn’t tell that they were vegan.
These vegan pinwheels can be made ahead of time, which is perfect for bringing to a potluck or party. Just wrap them in plastic wrap and slice them when you get to where you’re going.
I ate some leftover pinwheels the next day. They tasted just as good as freshly made ones.
I do think the tortillas and the vegan cream make a difference. I have had some vegan cream cheese brands that were soft and down right liquidy.
For a recipe like this you want a solid cream cheese, especially for making them ahead of time.
These Vegan Veggie Pinwheels are filled with garden vegetables and herbs. They are the perfect sized appetizer or snack. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Appetizers
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
- Thai Pinwheels with Peanut Sauce
- Caramelized Red Onion Dip
- Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Breadsticks
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Pinwheels
Vegan Veggie Pinwheels
These veggie tortilla roll-ups are an easy appetizer or snack. Make them for game day, game night, or just because!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- Salt and pepper
- 2 gluten free tortillas - I used spinach amaranth
- Leave vegan cream cheese out for at least a half an hour to soften.
- Put vegan cream cheese in a bowl. Add chopped red onion, red pepper, carrot, chives, dill, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
- Spread Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese on tortillas. Roll tightly and slice with a serrated or really sharp knife.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.