Have this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice on the table in 20 minutes! This sweet and savory dish is a great way to transform leftover rice.
Fried rice is a great way to use up that extra leftover rice you got from takeout. It transforms rice into a whole new meal, making leftovers more fun.
I am a big fan of a sweet and savory flavor combination, so it's no wonder that I am in love with this sweet and savory Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice. It has sweet flavors from pineapple, sweet chili sauce, and red bell pepper.
To balance out the sweet flavors, there's sesame oil, tamari, green onion, and roasted cashews.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This fried rice recipe is made with gluten-free tamari and gluten-free sweet chili sauce making it totally gluten-free.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's sweet and savory.
- It is a great way to use leftover rice.
- It's done in 20 minutes!
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Toasted sesame oil: Adds a nutty flavor.
- Red bell pepper: Adds a sweet flavor. You could also use orange or yellow bell pepper.
- Green onions: Adds a mild pungent flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Ginger: Adds a spicy flavor.
- Pineapple: You could use fresh, frozen, or canned pineapple.
- Sweet chili sauce: Adds a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Tamari: I like to use low-sodium tamari so that I can control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Cooked and cooled rice: I used leftover rice, but you could also use freshly cooked rice. Just make sure to cool it completely first so that it won't clump together.
- Roasted cashews: Adds a nutty flavor.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Roasted peanuts
- Hoisin sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped red pepper. Cook for several minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add white parts of green onion, garlic, ginger, pineapple, sweet chili sauce, tamari, cooked rice, and more salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Top with roasted cashews and the green parts of the green onion.
- If you're using homemade rice, make sure to rinse the rice until the water is clear before cooking it. This will help it from clumping together.
- It's super easy to make brown rice in a slow cooker: Coat the slow cooker pot with coconut oil, olive oil, or vegan butter. Add rice to the pot after rinsing. Add double the amount of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Whether using homemade rice or take-out, make sure to cool the rice before using it. This helps it from clumping together.
- This recipe tastes even better the next day after the flavors have melded together.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
The rice needs to be cooled so that it doesn't clump together when cooking it a second time. When left in the fridge rice will firm up.
As long as it's made with gluten-free ingredients, like this recipe.
Other Fried Rice Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 green onions divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 2 cups cooked and cooled rice - I used brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped red pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
- Add white parts of the green onion, minced garlic, ginger, pineapple, sweet chili sauce, tamari, rice, and salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Top with roasted cashews and green parts of the green onion.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.