Have this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice on the table in 20 minutes! This sweet and savory dish is a great way to transform leftover rice.
Fried rice is a great way to use up that extra leftover rice you got from takeout. It transforms rice into a whole new meal, making leftovers more fun.
I am a big fan of a sweet and savory flavor combination, so it's no wonder that I am in love with this sweet and savory Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice. It has sweet flavors from pineapple, sweet chili sauce, and red bell pepper. To balance out the sweet flavors, there's sesame oil, tamari, green onion, and roasted cashews.
Is Pineapple Fried Rice Gluten-Free?
This fried rice recipe is made with gluten-free tamari and gluten-free sweet chili sauce making it totally gluten free.
How to Make Vegan Fried Rice
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped red pepper. Cook for several minutes until crisp tender.
- Add white parts of green onion, garlic, ginger, pineapple, sweet chili sauce, tamari, cooked rice, and more salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Top with roasted cashews and the green parts of the green onion.
Have this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice on the table in 20 minutes! This sweet and savory dish is a great way to transform leftover rice. Click To Tweet
- If you're using homemade rice, make sure to rinse the rice until the water is clear before cooking it. This will help it from clumping together.
- It's super easy to make brown rice in a slow cooker: Coat the slow cooker pot with coconut oil, olive oil, or vegan butter. Add rice to the pot after rinsing. Add double the amount of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Whether using homemade rice or take-out, make sure to cool rice before using. This helps it from clumping together.
- This recipe tastes even better the next day after the flavors have melded together.
- roasted peanuts
- hoisin sauce
How Long Will It Last?
This will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped red pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
- Add white parts of the green onion, minced garlic, ginger, pineapple, sweet chili sauce, tamari, rice, and salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Top with roasted cashews and green parts of the green onion.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.