Use leftover rice to make this 5 minute Rice Milk recipe! Made with just 3 ingredients found in your pantry.
With only 3 ingredients in 5 minutes you can't go wrong with this Rice Milk recipe. Not only is this dairy-free milk super easy to make, but you get to control the ingredients.
Like more sweetener? Add more. Want it thicker? Add less water.
Plus you don't have any of those ingredients that you have no idea of why they're in there like store-bought rice milks. Just plain rice, maple syrup or other sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, and water. (I didn't count salt and water as ingredients.)Use leftover rice to make this 5 minute Rice Milk recipe! Made with just 3 ingredients found in your pantry. Click To Tweet
How to Make This Recipe
- Blend for 1 minute or so to break up the rice.
- If you want a really thick consistency, start with less water, like if you want to use it as creamer for coffee.
- I adjust the amount of maple syrup depending on how I use it. I like my rice milk on the sweeter side for coffee and cereal, but prefer less sweetener for a smoothie. Start with less and see how you like it.
- Rice milk will separate when stored in the fridge. Just give it a shake before using.
How Long Does Rice Milk Last?
Since this is a homemade rice milk recipe without preservatives like store-bought milk, this recipe will last about 5 days in the fridge. If you don't think you'll use it up in time, you can freeze it in ice cube trays.
Frozen rice milk will last several months.
Other Plant Based Milk Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 cup cooked rice - I used brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Blend ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for 1 minute or until you have the desired consistency.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.