Use leftover rice to make this 5 minute Homemade Rice Milk recipe! Made with just 3 ingredients found in your pantry.
With only 3 ingredients in 5 minutes you can't go wrong with this Homemade Rice Milk recipe. Not only is this dairy-free milk super easy to make, but you get to control the ingredients.
Doesn't taste sweet enough? Add more sweetener. Want it thicker? Add less water.
Plus you don't have any of those ingredients that you have no idea of why they're in there like store-bought rice milks.
It's just plain rice, maple syrup or other sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, and water. (I didn't count salt and water as ingredients.)
Another recipe to try is my Homemade Oat Milk recipe.
- Cooked rice: I used brown rice, but you can use either brown rice or white rice.
- Water: Thins out the rice milk.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, dates, or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Blend for 1 minute or so to break up the rice and get a creamier milk.
- If you want a really thick consistency, start with less water, like if you want to use it as creamer for coffee.
- I adjust the amount of maple syrup depending on how I use it. I like my rice milk on the sweeter side for coffee and cereal, but prefer less sweetener for a smoothie. Start with less and see how you like it.
- Rice milk will separate when stored in the fridge. Just give it a shake before using.
- You could also add freeze-dried fruit like I did with my Flavored Almond Milk recipe.
Since this is a homemade rice milk recipe without preservatives like store-bought non-dairy milk, this recipe will last about 5 days in the fridge. If you don't think you'll use it up in time, you can freeze it in ice cube trays.
Frozen rice milk will last several months.
Homemade Rice Milk
- Blend ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for 1 minute or until you have the desired consistency.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.