This Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza is sweet, spicy, and smoky! If you want to change up pizza night, this recipe is sure to please!
Sweet, Spicy and Smoky
One of my go-to favorite pizzas is pineapple and onion. This Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza takes that combo a step further. Besides the sweet and savory components of pineapple and onion, this pizza has a sweet, spicy, and smoky touch from BBQ sauce and tofu bacon.
I recently got into making my own BBQ sauce. It really takes no time at all, and it’s totally worth it. For my BBQ sauce, I made it sweet and spicy.
As we say in my house, “¡No me digas!”. It means, “Well, you don’t say!” in Spanish. My favorite flavor combination is sweet and spicy, so of course I had to make it sweet and spicy.
If you’re in a hurry, your favorite BBQ sauce works well too. My personal favorite is Annie’s Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce.
This pizza is not too spicy. That’s with either my BBQ sauce or Annie’s, but then I like things really spicy.
Change Up Pizza Night
Even though pineapple and onion is my favorite flavor combination, I love to change things up a bit. Pizza is one of those mediums that is fun to try new toppings on.
I have been on a pizza making kick lately, trying new ways to make it. In the last few weeks I have made a Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza and a Mango Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl Pizza.
For this recipe I included tofu bacon. If you are just switching to eating more plant-based foods but miss bacon, do not expect this to taste like bacon. It does have a sweet and smoky taste, which goes perfectly in this pizza.
Since you only use a slice of the tofu bacon for this recipe, I thought you might like to see other fun ways to use it. My favorite way is in a BLAT, but I also love to include it in a Vegan Reuben Sandwich, a Vegan Submarine Sandwich, a Vegan Monte Cristo, and even a Vegan BLT Pasta Salad.This Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza is sweet, spicy, and smoky! It is sure to please! Click To Tweet
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
Makes one 9″ pizza
- 9″ pizza crust – I used 1/2 of Pamela’s Pizza Mix
- 2 tablespoons Gluten Free BBQ Sauce or store bought
- 1 slice of tofu bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegan mozzarella (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green parts)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix /cook pizza dough according to directions.
- Spread BBQ sauce on pizza crust. Top with chopped tofu bacon, pineapple, red onion, red pepper, and vegan mozzarella. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until crust has slightly browned*.
- Top with chopped green onion, slice and serve.
*Note: I should note here that my pizza crust needs to be cooked twice. Adjust instructions according to your pizza crust.