This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball has only five ingredients and literally takes a few minutes to make.
I love recipes that are easy and take little effort. This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball is just that kind of recipe. It has only five ingredients, and it literally only takes a few minutes to throw together.
The crackers in the photo are my Pizza Crackers, which have all the flavors of a pizza in a cracker form.
Now that the holidays are upon us, this is the perfect time to make this vegan cheese ball. I served this to some non-vegans who loved it. They didn't ask what was in it, they only commented on how much they loved it!
I have said this before, and I will say it again. Yes, it is really important which brand of vegan cream cheese you use. I have had at least one brand that is a bit too creamy and kind of on the side of liquidy. Yuck, right!
Those are NOT the ones you want to use for a vegan cream cheese ball. You need to be able to mold the mixture into a ball. With a creamy, liquidy vegan cream cheese, that is just not possible.
I have been vegan for 23 years, and of all the vegan cheeses, I think I have tried more vegan cream cheeses than any other type of vegan cheese. My favorite is Tofutti.
As far as vegan cheddar, I have only tried a couple, but so far I love Follow Your Heart. I am the kind of person that when I find one that I love, I stick with it.
Another recipe to try is my Creamy Tomato Soup with Balsamic Vinegar.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is creamy and flavorful.
- It's perfect for a party or get-together.
- Sun-dried tomatoes and basil are the perfect combo.
- Vegan cream cheese: I like Tofutti brand vegan cream cheese because it is dense and creamy. If you use a different brand, make sure it is not too liquidy. You want a vegan cream cheese that can be molded into a ball.
- Vegan cheddar: I like both Follow Your Heart and Daiya vegan cheddar.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- Fresh basil: I used fresh basil; I don't think dried basil will taste as good as fresh for this recipe.
- Sliced almonds: For rolling the vegan cheeseball. You could also use walnuts or pistachios.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix all ingredients except the sliced almonds in a food processor.
Step 2: Place in plastic wrap forming a ball. Twist the end to create a seal. Place in a bowl in the fridge to set.
Step 3: Once cooled, roll the ball in sliced almonds and serve.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Of the dairy-free cheeses I've had, I think Daiya tastes the most like real cheese.
Other Vegan Cheese Recipes
If you tried this Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
- Plastic wrap
- Mix all ingredients except the sliced almonds in a food processor. Place in plastic wrap forming a ball. Twist the end to create a seal. Place in a bowl in the fridge to set.
- Once cooled, roll the ball in sliced almonds and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.