This easy vegan Almond Bacon is smoky with a touch of sweet. It adds a nice crunchy texture to any dish you use it in.
In the 17 years that I have been vegan I have never bought any bacon analogues. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what an analogue is, it is a substitute for the real thing.
So why create a vegan Almond Bacon now? Being a blogger there are recipes I want to veganize that include bacon.
When I made my Tofu Ricotta, I gave a disclaimer not to expect it to taste like cheese. That is usually the case with vegan substitutes. I wouldn't want them to taste like the original anyway.
It is more about texture and being able to incorporate it into a dish that calls for meat or cheese. This Almond Bacon is good no matter what the title is, but I figured the name suited it because it is smoky with a touch of sweetness from maple syrup.This easy vegan Almond Bacon is smoky with a touch of sweet! It adds a nice crunchy texture to any dish you use it in. Click To Tweet
Other Recipes You Might Like
These flavored almonds can be used any place where a recipe calls for bacon bits.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all ingredients together except sliced almonds. Heat on stove or in microwave for 20-30 seconds if coconut oil is solid.
- Add sliced almonds and mix thoroughly. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°, stirring every 5 minutes. Total baking time will take around 15 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.