This easy vegan Almond Bacon is smoky with a touch of sweetness. It adds a nice crunchy texture to any dish you use it in.
This Almond Bacon is smoky and slightly sweet. It's a great substitute for bacon bits.
Add them to a salad or a baked potato. I like to eat them by the handful or add them to a trail mix.
They also taste good on pasta, pizza, or sandwiches. They add a smoky crunchy flavor to anything you add them to.
Vegan bacon made from coconut chips is another way to get the same flavor and texture.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, smoky, and savory.
- You can use it any place where you would use bacon bits.
- It is healthy and satisfying.
- Sliced almonds: For the crunchy texture.
- Tamari: Adds a salty umami flavor. I use low-sodium tamari because I like to control the amount of sodium. It is the gluten-free equivalent of soy sauce.
- Maple syrup: For a sweet maple flavor. Balances out the other flavors.
- Liquid smoke: Adds a smoky flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a tangy sour flavor. You could also use red wine vinegar or rice vinegar.
- Coconut oil: For baking. Adds flavor.
- Paprika: Adds a spicy smoky flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix the marinade ingredients. Heat in the microwave if coconut oil is solid. Mix in sliced almonds.
Step 2: Spread almonds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy, flipping every 5 minutes.
- Vegan salads, like my Crispy Tofu Salad
- Vegan pasta, like my Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe
- BBQ Pizza
- Loaded potatoes
- Vegan soup
- Avocado toast
- Trail mix
- Any place you would want a substitute for bacon bits or want to add a savory, smoky taste.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This almond bacon recipe is made with sliced almonds, tamari, paprika, liquid smoke, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil.
Made with sliced almonds and other whole foods, this vegan bacon is a healthy alternative to real bacon.
These flavored almonds can be used in any place where a recipe calls for bacon bits.
If you tried this Almond Bacon Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on March 12, 2016. I added new photos, text, and a new video when I republished it.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all ingredients together except sliced almonds. Heat on the stove or in the microwave for 20-30 seconds if coconut oil is solid.
- Add sliced almonds and mix thoroughly. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°, stirring every 5 minutes. The total baking time will take around 15 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.