This easy 4 Ingredient Vegan Chili Verde is spicy and flavorful. Made in less than 15 minutes, it's a quick meal.
I decided to make this 4 Ingredient Vegan Chili Verde not only because my 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili has been such a huge hit and one of my favorite go-to meals, but because I thought a vegan green chili was overdue.
For this vegan chili verde I used spicy tomatillo salsa, white beans, vegan chicken strips, and sweet corn. Since the salsa is quite spicy, the sweet corn balances the chili out.
I also like to add chopped avocado to add some creaminess and to tone things down even more. Another ingredient I like to top my chili verde off with is vegan mayo. Most people like to use vegan sour cream but I like the brightness of the vinegar in vegan mayo.
If you want an easy meal that comes together in minutes, this 4 Ingredient Vegan Chili Verde is for you!
This vegan green chili is perfect for a road trip. I love meals like this chili recipe for going camping. The last thing I want to do is pack a bunch of herbs and spices when I go on a road trip. I like things as easy as possible.
I prefer one pot meals over elaborate meals that take a lot of time and effort.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Vegan chicken strips: I used vegan chicken strips, but you could also use vegan beef crumbles, tofu, or tempeh.
- Tomatillo salsa verde: Adds a spicy tangy flavor. You could use red salsa instead.
- White beans: I used great northern beans, but you could use pinto beans or another kind of bean.
- Corn: Adds sweetness. You could use red bell pepper or another veggie.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Place all ingredients in a large pot. I thinned it out with water, but you could also use vegetable broth.
Bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
Pour into bowls and serve with your favorite toppings.
This vegan chili verde recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The outcome of this vegan green chili all depends upon the salsa you use. If you aren't into spicy foods, use a mild salsa instead of the one I listed.
- Change the ratio of ingredients to suit your tastes.
- I didn't include salt because the vegan chicken strips have a good amount of sodium. If you use another protein, you'll need to add salt.
- Swap out the vegan chicken strips for another bean or maybe some white potato.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Other beans: pinto beans, black beans or cannellini beans
- Other protein: tofu, tempeh, vegan beef crumbles, soy curls
- Red salsa
- Other veggies: red bell pepper, sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin purée
- Fresh cilantro garnish
- Lime juice
- Vegan sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped green onion
This vegan chili verde is a comforting meal. Perfect for game day!
*If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
🧂 You May Need
Here are the vegan chicken strips I used. They just need to be heated up before eating.
4 Ingredient Vegan Chili Verde
- Place all ingredients in a deep pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.