This easy vegan Slow Cooker Tempeh Chili is healthy and filling. Add your favorite hot sauce to customize the spice level.
For Christmas I got a slow cooker. It's about time, right!
So for my first slow cooker recipe, I thought I'd make Slow Cooker Tempeh Chili. It was so great to just throw some tempeh, a bunch of chopped vegetables, and other ingredients into the slow cooker and not attend to it. I think I could get used to this slow cooking thing.This easy vegan Slow Cooker Tempeh Chili is healthy and filling. Add your favorite hot sauce to customize the spice level. Click To Tweet
I have been reluctant in the past to buy another gadget that I barely use, but I knew a slow cooker would get used a lot in my house. The main reason I got it is because I want to make my own beans.
Yes, I have done the whole soak them overnight and cook them for several hours thing. I have to tell you, it's not one of my favorite things to do. No matter how long I cook them, they just don't get soft enough for my digestive system. (I have esophagus issues that I won't get into.)
So, I am happy to now be able to make my own beans that I can customize with all the spices that I love.
For this Tempeh Chili I used all of my favorites: red and green pepper, tempeh, jalapeño, and black beans. I did not make this chili spicy so that it can be customized with hot sauce per person eating it. I know I added more hot sauce than other people eating it because I love things spicy.
Other Vegan Recipes to Warm You Up
- Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 3 Ingredient Pinto Bean Soup
- Vegan Matcha Latte
- Cacao Tea
Tempeh Chili Recipe
This slow cooker vegan chili made with tempeh is an easy set it and forget it meal.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Slow Cooker Tempeh Chili
- 1 medium onion (2 cups chopped)
- 1 red pepper (1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 green pepper (1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 jalapeño (1/4 cup chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz. tempeh crumbled
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomato with garlic
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate I used 72%
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- hot sauce to taste
- Vegan sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Place all ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker, except for the hot sauce. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8-9 hours. (Mine took 4 hours on high.)
- Add hot sauce to taste. Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.