This easy comforting 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili is perfect for a road trip or if you want a quick meal. It is packed with protein to satisfy.
Instead of another soup, I decided to make a 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili - just in time for Super Bowl! Since salsa contains many of the ingredients that I would normally put in chili, I figured it was a perfect ingredient to use as the base.
This chili takes only about 20 minutes to make, so it is a perfect weeknight meal.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pinto beans: I like pinto beans for this, but you could use white beans, kidney beans or your favorite.
- Salsa: I used a spicy salsa. Use your favorite.
- Vegan crumbles: I used Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles. You could use any vegan meat crumbles you like. You could also use tempeh, tofu, or more beans.
- Water: thins it out.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Put ingredients in a saucepan. Bring ingredients to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes.
This vegan chili recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this vegan chili in a freezer safe bag or container for several months. When ready to eat, thaw it out overnight in the fridge, then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- The salsa you use will determine the outcome. Use a spicy salsa that you like if you want a spicy chili.
- If it is too spicy, you can add more water or serve it with vegan sour cream to cool it down.
Other Easy Recipes
This vegan chili is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. It is perfect for game day.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Here are the vegan beef crumbles I used. They just need to be heated up before eating.
3 Ingredient Vegan Chili
- 15.5 ounce can pinto beans
- 2 cups spicy salsa or your favorite salsa
- 1 ½ cups vegan crumbles - I used Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- Bring pinto beans, salsa, vegan crumbles, and water to a boil. Simmer for 8 minutes. If mixture becomes too think, add more water.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.