This healthy Black Bean and Corn Chili is a hearty meal. Made with butternut squash puree and fire roasted tomatoes.
Vegan Black Bean Chili
During the cold Winter months, vegan chili is one of my favorite go-to meals. When I don't feel like cooking I often make a 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili because it comes together so quickly.
This Black Bean and Corn Chili is a quick and easy meal also, coming together in about 30 minutes. It has a bit of a kick from chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and green chiles.
Butternut squash puree thickens the chili, adds a little sweetness, and plays the role of the sneaky hidden vegetable.
For those of you that aren't butternut squash fans, don't worry, you'll never notice it's in there.
Dress up the chili with cilantro, lime juice, vegan sour cream, shredded vegan cheddar, or sliced avocados. Not enough heat for you? Add some hot sauce. Grab your favorite brand of tortilla chips and dig in.
Heart Vegan Chili
Serve your guests on game day and watch them ask for more. This vegan chili is so hearty and comforting, even meat eaters will love it.This healthy Black Bean and Corn Chili is a hearty meal. Made with butternut squash puree and fire roasted tomatoes. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño
- Tofu Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- BBQ Chickpea and Mango Tacos with Pickled Peppers and Onions
Black Bean Chili Recipe
Warm up with this easy chili. It comes together in 30 minutes.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Black Bean and Corn Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 14.5 ounces fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 15 ounces butternut squash puree
- 16 ounces fire roasted tomato salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Add chopped red pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
- Add black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes, butternut squash puree, salsa, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes so that mixture thickens.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.