This creamy Vegan Black Bean Soup has a slight kick from roasted green chiles and spices. Made with canned black beans.
This black bean soup could not be any easier. It's made with canned black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices.
Top with your favorite toppings to customize it.This creamy Vegan Black Bean Soup has a slight kick from roasted green chiles and spices. Made with canned black beans. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Soup Recipes
How to Make This Recipe
Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
Add vegetable broth, black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices. Cook for 15 minutes. Let cool.
Blend half the soup and return to pan. Heat and serve.
Can I Freeze This Soup?
- Make sure to let the soup cool completely before placing in a freezer bag or air tight container.
- Liquids expand as they freeze, so don't fill containers or bags all the way full. For freezer safe containers, leave about an inch of space from the top. For freezer bags, fill about ¾ the way full. Let out as much air as you can, and lay flat in freezer.
- Don't forget to label your bag or container with the date, or if you prefer, the date it should be eaten by. You can keep soup in the freezer 4-6 months, but flavors in the freezer start to fade around 2 months.
- When you're ready to eat, let the soup thaw overnight in the fridge, then heat in a saucepan or microwave.
- vegan sour cream
- avocado slices
- hot sauce
- roasted green chiles
- shredded vegan cheddar
Settle into comfort with this warm black bean soup.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons roasted green chiles (or canned jalapeño)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Place olive oil in pan. Turn heat on medium. When hot, add chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth, black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Place ½ soup in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Return to soup in pan and heat.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.