This creamy Vegan Black Bean Soup has a slight kick from roasted green chiles and spices. Made with canned black beans.
This Vegan Black Bean Soup could not be any easier. It's made with canned black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices.
Top with your favorite toppings to customize it. This soup is warm and comforting.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is simple and easy to make.
- It's done in less than 30 minutes.
- It is made with pantry staples.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Onion: Adds a sweet pungent flavor.
- Olive oil: For cooking the onions and garlic.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Black beans: I used canned black beans. You could make them from scratch before adding them to the soup. Pinto beans also taste great in soup. I used them in my 3 Ingredient Bean Soup recipe.
- Vegetable broth: I used low-sodium vegetable broth so that I can control the amount of salt.
- Roasted green chiles: Adds a spicy flavor. You use any green chiles.
- Cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper: Add warm spices.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
Step 2: Add vegetable broth, black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices. Cook for 15 minutes. Let cool.
Step 3: Blend half the soup and return to pan. Heat and serve.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
- Make sure to let the soup cool completely before placing it in a freezer bag or air-tight container.
- Liquids expand as they freeze, so don't fill containers or bags all the way full. For freezer-safe containers, leave about an inch of space from the top. For freezer bags, fill about ¾ the way full. Let out as much air as you can, and lay flat in the freezer.
- Don't forget to label your bag or container with the date, or if you prefer, the date it should be eaten. You can keep soup in the freezer for 4-6 months, but flavors in the freezer start to fade around 2 months.
- When you're ready to eat, let the soup thaw overnight in the fridge, then heat in a saucepan or microwave.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan black bean soup is made with onion, garlic, black beans, vegetable broth, green chiles, and spices.
This black bean soup will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Vegan Soup Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Black Bean Soup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- Place olive oil in pan. Turn heat on medium. When hot, add chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth, black beans, roasted green chiles, and spices.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Place ½ soup in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Return to soup in pan and heat.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.