This quick and easy 5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup is made with mostly pantry staples. It is healthy and comforting!
Recipes with few ingredients are my go-to meals of choice when I go camping. Setting up the campsite can be a lot of work, so when I want to eat, I want it NOW! (That's my stomach talking.)
This 5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup came about out of sheer laziness. I was too lazy to go to the grocery store and I wanted to use up some pantry ingredients.
I searched through my pantry and fridge to see what I could come up with. Since I was in a soup mood, this 5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup was what I decided on.
- Crushed tomatoes: I used canned crushed tomatoes for the bright sweet flavor. You could also use diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, just peel them first.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Add a sweet flavor.
- Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk because I like the creamy rich flavor. You could also use light coconut milk, but it won't be as rich.
- Fresh basil: Adds an herby anise flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Adds flavor and enhances flavor. (Not counted as ingredients.)
- Water: Thins out the soup. (Also not counted as an ingredient.)
- In a high speed blender, mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Heat on medium heat about 10-15 minutes.
This tomato soup recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Soup Recipes
- Black Bean and Corn Chili
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are a great combo for a reason! Here are some vegan grilled cheese sandwiches to make with this recipe.
- Vegan Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Vegan Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Red Pepper
- Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Grilled Cheese
This vegan tomato soup could not be any easier, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 10-15 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.