Made in about 10 minutes, this quick and easy 5 Ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Soup with coconut milk is made with mostly pantry staples. It is healthy and comforting!
This 5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup came about out of sheer laziness. I was too lazy to go to the grocery store and I wanted to use up some pantry ingredients.
I searched through my pantry and fridge to see what I could come up with. Since I was in a soup mood, this 5 Ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Soup with coconut milk was what I decided on.
Recipes with few ingredients are my vegan go-to meals of choice when I go camping. Setting up the campsite can be a lot of work, so when I want to eat, I don't want a meal that takes long.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is rich and comforting.
- It is made in minutes with pantry staples.
- It is made with only 5 ingredients.
- Crushed tomatoes: I used canned crushed tomatoes for the bright sweet flavor. You could also use diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, just peel them first.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Add a sweet flavor. I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. You also could use dry sun-dried tomatoes.
- Coconut milk: Replaces cream and makes it dairy-free. I used full-fat coconut milk because I like the creamy rich flavor. You could also use light coconut milk, but it won't be as rich.
- Fresh basil: Adds a herby anise flavor. You could also use dried basil.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Adds flavor and enhances flavor. (Not counted as ingredients.)
- Water: Thins out the soup. You could also use vegetable broth. (Also not counted as an ingredient.)
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add ingredients to a high speed blender.
Step 2: Mix until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir and heat on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are a great combo for a reason! Here are some vegan grilled cheese sandwiches to make with this recipe.
- Vegan Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Vegan Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Red Pepper
- Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Grilled Cheese
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Sun-dried tomatoes taste good in this creamy tomato soup, sun-dried tomato basil hummus, a chickpea salad sandwich with sun-dried tomatoes, a vegan sun-dried tomato cheese ball, sun-dried tomato pesto pasta, and more. They are incredibly versatile.
Dry sun-dried tomatoes do not need to be refrigerated. Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil need to be refrigerated once they are opened.
Other Vegan Soup Recipes
If you tried this 5 Ingredient un-Dried Tomato Soup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This vegan tomato soup could not be any easier, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
I originally posted this recipe on Feb. 25, 2017. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
5 Ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.