These healthy Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding Popsicles are made with creamy chocolate chia pudding and dark sweet cherries.
These Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding Popsicles are so healthy they actually don't need portion control. They could be eaten for breakfast, which I did one day to cool off.
If this is your first time making popsicles then using bath cups are a great way to get you started. That way you can see how often you will be making them before you purchase another kitchen gadget that sits in your cupboard and doesn't get used.
One nice thing about using bath cups is portion control. Three ounces is the perfect size for a popsicle in my eyes. Since I'm not much of a dessert person, a small popsicle is just right for me.
Creamy chocolate chia pudding with cherries layered in between, what's not to love! I added in cacao nibs for some crunch, which you could omit or switch out for chocolate chips. I personally love to balance out the sweet popsicles with a bitter note.
To the chocolate chia pudding I added in some almond extract since almonds have a slight cherry flavor.
Another recipe to cool you off is a Vegan Strawberry Milkshake.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous when you add liquid.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the sweetness. You could use sweetened almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, dates, or your favorite sweetener.
- Cacao powder: Adds chocolate flavor. You could also use cocoa powder.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances flavors.
- Almond extract: Adds a fruity flavor. You could leave it out.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Cherries: I used frozen dark sweet cherries. You could use fresh or frozen cherries.
- Cacao nibs: Adds a bitter chocolaty flavor. You could also use chocolate chips.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Place a few cherries and cacao nibs at the bottom of a 3 ounce bath cup or popsicle mold. Pour the chocolate chia pudding on top.
Place a few more cherries on top. Pour more chia pudding on top.
Repeat with the rest of the popsicles. Place a popsicle stick in each cup. Freeze.
These chia pudding popsicles will last 2-3 months in the freezer.
You don't need any special equipment with these easy vegan popsicles, and you'll feel good about serving them to your family since they are so healthy!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding Popsicles
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 6 (3 ounce) bath cups or popsicle molds
- Place a few cherries and some cacao nibs, if using, at the bottom of a 3 ounce bath cup. Then pour a little chia pudding on top. Place another couple of cherries on top of the pudding, then add more pudding on top. Repeat with the rest of the popsicles.
- Put a popsicle stick into each one and freeze until solid. To get the paper cup to release easily, pour hot water into a shallow container and put popsicle in it. It should slide right off!
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.