This sweet Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding is made with rich coconut milk and layered with chocolate coconut almond butter.
This is very unusual for me to post four dessert recipes in a row, but with the holiday season, I just couldn’t resist. Plus, you all seem to be enjoying them, so I figured I would give you some more.
This vegan chocolate chia pudding doesn’t fall into the holiday category as much as the others do, but it’s one of the only desserts I happen to have waiting to be posted. Hopefully you will like it as much as I do.
I love chocolate, but what I love even more is chocolate, coconut, and almonds together. This Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding was inspired by my Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter, which I love to eat by the spoonful, and I have included in this recipe.
I recently made a Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding, so layering chia pudding with something sweet was on my brain. I thought why not make my normal chocolate chia pudding even more dessert like by layering it with my favorite chocolaty spread.
What a great idea, indeed!
Sweet chocolate chia pudding made with full fat coconut milk (or unsweetened almond milk works too), layered with chocolate coconut almond butter, coconut flakes, and slivered almonds. Talk about indulgence.
Chia seeds get gelatinous when liquid is added to them, so they make a wonderful base for puddings. They are high in fiber, and low in carbs.
If you make this with stevia and either omit the chocolate coconut almond butter or use very little of it, this becomes a vegan keto chocolate chia pudding. You could also replace the maple syrup with stevia in the chocolate coconut almond butter.
If you have yet to try chia pudding, then this is the recipe to try. For one thing, it is sweet and indulgent.
For another, I blended the chia seeds with the rest of the ingredients, which gives this pudding a consistency and texture that you are used to, whereas other chia puddings (mine included) contain whole chia seeds. The texture of chia seeds in pudding can take some getting used to if you are trying it for the first time.
This rich low carb Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding is definitely more worthy of the dessert category than some of my other chia puddings. I’ve put many in the breakfast category because they are healthy and filling.
Chia pudding is a great way to start or end your day.This sweet Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding is made with rich coconut milk and layered with chocolate coconut almond butter! Click To Tweet
Some other sweet treats you might like:
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Chocolate Low Carb Vegan Fudge
- Chocolate Rum Truffles
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk (or a combination of the two)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 10 drops stevia
- 2-3 tablespoons Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter*
- 2-3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons finely shredded coconut
- Add coconut milk or almond milk to chia seeds. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Add cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and maple syrup or stevia. Blend in a Nutribullet or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Layer pudding with Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter, slivered almonds, and coconut flakes in dessert goblets or bowls.
*Note: For a vegan keto version omit the chocolate coconut almond butter, use very little, or replace the maple syrup with steiva in that recipe.