This easy Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Add it to Buddha bowls, served over rice noodles or quinoa, or added to a salad. The peanut sauce is so good you may be tempted to drink it!
Of all the ways to prepare tofu, I think baking it is probably one of the most popular. People that I've talked to like it when it's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Frying it is another way to achieve said texture, but baking it is healthier so I think that's why it is so popular.
For this Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce, I drained and pressed the tofu, then baked it in peanut sauce. The peanut sauce is baked onto the tofu giving it a crispy peanut coating while remaining soft on the inside.
The peanut sauce is one I first debuted for my Thai Pizza recipe. Since that recipe has been such a big hit, I thought I'd resurrect it for this recipe. It's actually one of a few peanut sauces that I like to make.
The peanut sauce that I used here has a base of coconut milk, peanut butter, tamari. sriracha sauce, garlic, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup, and brown rice vinegar.
I ate this crispy peanut tofu with roasted vegetables and quinoa with the extra sauce drizzled on top. Delicious!
Other Tofu Recipes You Might Like
- Baked Tofu Fries
- Tofu Ricotta
- Tofu Frittata
- Spinach, Tofu, and Pine Nut Enchiladas
- Baked Tofu Nuggets
Ways To Use Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce
- Buddha bowl
- Thai pizza
- Served over rice, quinoa, or rice noodles with vegetables
- Fusion nachos
This easy Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The peanut sauce is so good you may be tempted to drink it! Click To Tweet
Tips for Making Crispy Baked Tofu
- Drain and press the tofu first to get the water out.
- Taste the sauce before brushing on tofu - you might want it sweeter or spicier.
- Brush the tofu with the peanut sauce - just enough to cover it. You don't want too much sauce because the excess will just burn on the pan.
- All ovens are different, so keep an eye on the tofu.
Tofu with Peanut Sauce Recipe
This crisp peanut tofu is really versatile. There's no reason to buy baked tofu when it's so easy to make your own!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love a small baking sheet for this baked tofu. The one below is the one I own. It fits perfectly in a toaster oven.
Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Blend peanut sauce ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender.
- Cut drained and pressed tofu into cubes. Brush peanut sauce on tofu and place on an oiled parchment lined baking sheet. You will have extra sauce to use in a meal. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Flip tofu, and bake another 23 minutes or until browned and crispy on the outside.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or noodles with roasted veggies.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.