These addictive Baked Tofu Fries are crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. Even tofu haters will love them!
These crispy Baked Tofu Fries are really addictive. These are good enough to eat by themselves, but I love to eat them with Raspberry Chipotle Ketchup, which is smoky and spicy.
If you have never had Baked Tofu Fries, you are in for a treat! When extra firm tofu is baked, it becomes crispy on the outside while staying soft on the inside. When you add spices, the tofu takes on those flavors.
I hear so many people say that they don’t like tofu. I say that they haven’t prepared it the right way. I think that if more people tried it baked or fried with herbs and spices, and a great sauce, they would fall in love with it. When it is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, it is irresistible!
Tofu is like meat in that it takes on the flavors you add to it. There were many times before I was vegan, when I ate meat that I needed a good sauce to go with it. In fact, I remember the sauce being the best part of the meal. My grandmother’s roast beef, for one, had to be drenched in ketchup!
I guarantee that even tofu haters in your life will love these!
Of course, these are a lot healthier than French fries, and I like them better too. I feel satiated longer since they are high in protein and low in carbs. Since they are baked they are a lot less greasy than French fries.
Not that I will be giving up French Fries forever, but these are a healthy alternative that I can eat as a meal. I ate these low carb Tofu Fries while on a vegan keto diet.Even tofu haters will love these crispy Baked Tofu Fries! Click To Tweet
*Baked Tofu Fries pictured with my Raspberry Chipotle Ketchup.
Other Healthy Fries
- Cornmeal Baked Asparagus Fries with Vegan Lemon Garlic Mayo
- Butternut Squash Fries with Curry Mayo
- Polenta Fries with Roasted Pepper Dip
Anything that I can make into fries, I am all in!
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Baked Tofu Fries
- 15.5 ounces extra form tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix olive oil and all the herbs and spices.
- Slice tofu into long strips, about 1/4 – 1/2″ thick. Coat with marinade.
- Place strips on parchment paper, and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Flip, and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until crispy on the outside.