This Gingerbread Hummus tastes like gingerbread cookies in dip form. It's perfect for the holidays!
This easy homemade hummus is a healthy treat. It makes a great addition to any holiday party or get-together.
If you want to get technical about it, this dip is really not hummus at all, since hummus is made with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
Ever since hummus brands started selling dessert hummus, it has become more of the norm to see dessert hummus along side traditional hummus.
Dark Chocolate Hummus is another dessert hummus recipe that stores also sell.
- Garbanzo beans: Adds the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Peanut butter: Adds a nutty flavor and creamy consistency.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice: Add the warming spices gingerbread is known for.
- Blackstrap molasses: Also adds a flavor gingerbread is known for.
- Maple syrup: For sweetness and maple flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances the other flavors.
- Almond milk: For a creamy sweet flavor and to thin the hummus out.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix chickpeas, peanut butter, almond milk, black strap molasses, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt in a food processor.
How Does It Taste?
This dessert hummus tastes like gingerbread cookies in dip form.
- Start with less spices and sweetener to see how you like the taste. You may want more or less than I've indicated.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the chickpeas. Rinsing gets rid of excess salt, and draining gets rid of excess moisture.
- Switch out the peanut butter for almond butter, if desired.
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
🎄 Other Gingerbread Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Pinch salt
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply