You're going to want to add this sweet Gingerbread French Toast to your holiday menu! It's tradition worthy for sure.
Start a new tradition for the holidays with this Gingerbread French Toast. It's a sweet treat the whole family will love.
It is so good, that it doesn't even need maple syrup! It is an easy recipe that is done in minutes.
You may also like my Vegan Eggnog French Toast recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is done in about 15 minutes.
- It is sweet and rich. You don't even need maple syrup!
- It's perfect for the holidays.
- All-purpose gluten-free flour: You could use another all-purpose flour.
- Ground chia seeds: Thickens the batter and binds it to the bread. You could also use ground flaxseeds.
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice: Add the gingerbread spice flavor.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener. You could use your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Blackstrap molasses: Adds the gingerbread flavor.
- Bread: I used gluten-free millet chia bread. Use your favorite.
- Vegan butter: Adds a rich flavor. You could also use coconut oil to fry the French toast.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix all-purpose gluten-free flour, ground chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
Step 2: Add unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, and blackstrap molasses. Mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Dip bread in the mixture and fry in vegan butter. Serve with pecans or Candied Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
If you make all 6 slices of this vegan gingerbread French toast recipe and have leftovers, they can be microwaved within a few days and still taste great.
If you are not going to make all the slices right away, you can use the batter later, but within 3-4 days.
If you tried this Gingerbread French Toast Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Gingerbread French Toast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 6 slices gluten free bread - I used millet chia
- Vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add almond milk, vanilla extract, molasses, and salt. Whisk until lumps are out.
- Heat a frying pan and add vegan butter.
- Dip bread into batter, then place in frying pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and pecans.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.