You're going to want to add this sweet Gingerbread French Toast to your holiday menu! It's tradition worthy for sure.
Start a new tradition for the holidays with this Gingerbread French Toast. It's a sweet treat the whole family will love!You're going to want to add this sweet Gingerbread French Toast to the holiday menu! It's tradition worthy for sure. Click To Tweet
How to Make Gingerbread French Toast
Mix all purpose gluten free flour, ground chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Add unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, and blackstrap molasses. Mix thoroughly.
Dip bread in the mixture and fry in vegan butter or coconut oil.
Other Holiday Treats
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more or less of a spice than I have listed.
- If you are not going to make all the slices right away, you can use the batter later, but within 3-4 days.
- If you make all 6 slices, and have leftovers, they can be microwaved within a few days and still taste great.
- Serve with pecans or Candied Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans.
Gingerbread French Toast
This sweet vegan French toast is a great way to start your day this holiday season!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here's the bread I used for this recipe. It's millet chia bread which is soft and squishy like white bread.
Gingerbread French Toast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 6 slices gluten free bread - I used millet chia
- Vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- Maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add almond milk, vanilla extract, molasses, and salt. Whisk until lumps are out.
- Heat a frying pan and add vegan butter.
- Dip bread into batter, then place in frying pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and pecans.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.