This vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate is smooth and creamy with a festive gingerbread flavor.
Anything gingerbread flavored and I am all in. This Gingerbread Hot Chocolate is among a long list of gingerbread recipes.
I have made Gingerbread French Toast, Vegan Gingerbread Truffles, Gingerbread Coffee Creamer, and even Gingerbread Kombucha.
When I make anything gingerbread flavored, I add black strap molasses, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. I also add sweet maple syrup to balance out the robust flavor of the molasses.
Some people make it without molasses, but to me it doesn't have that gingerbread flavor without it.
- Heat almond milk in a pan on stove.
- Add chocolate chips, black strap molasses, maple syrup, and spices. Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer, not a boil. That way it doesn't burn.
- You may be wondering why salt is added. It brings out the sweetness and it adds balance to the drink. If you want to see the difference yourself, try it first without, then with. Your taste buds will thank you!
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more maple syrup or chocolate chips than I've included.
- For a really creamy frothy whipped coconut cream, use only the thick part of the coconut milk after refrigerating, or buy coconut cream. Mix in a Nutribullet or blender.
- Whipped coconut cream
- Store-bought vegan whipped cream
- Grated chocolate
- Vegan marshmallows
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
Other Holiday Recipes
- Rich and Creamy Vegan Nog
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Fudge
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- Pour almond milk into a pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the rest of ingredients. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply