This sweet holiday Gingerbread Peanut Butter works well on toast, with sliced apples, or graham crackers. It's made in about 5 minutes!
This Gingerbread Peanut Butter is an easy festive treat for the holidays. It is healthy while still feeling indulgent.
Another healthy gingerbread recipe is my Gingerbread Energy Bites. They taste like a dessert but are something you can feel good about eating.
And if you want some gingerbread for breakfast, but want to keep it healthy, try my Vegan Gingerbread Granola or Gingerbread Chia Pudding recipe. You also might like my Gingerbread Kombucha recipe or my Ginger Kombucha recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is creamy and flavorful.
- It is made in minutes.
- It's perfect for the holidays. Eat it with sliced apples, graham crackers, or on toast.
- Peanut butter: I used all-natural peanut butter, but you could also use shelf-stable.
- Blackstrap molasses: Adds the deep rich flavor that gingerbread is known for.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, date paste, or brown sugar.
- Ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg: Add the warming spices that gingerbread is known for.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Water: To thin it out if necessary.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add all ingredients except water to a medium-sized bowl.
Step 2: Add water as needed and mix to the desired consistency.
- Start with fewer spices and sweetener to see how you like the taste. You may want more or less than I've indicated.
- You may or may not want to add water to thin it out. My peanut butter really needed it. If you have just opened the peanut butter, you probably won't need water.
Other Holiday Recipes
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Peanut butter and molasses are a great combination. In addition to this gingerbread peanut butter recipe, I've used the combination in a chocolate smoothie.
Ginger refers to ginger root or ground ginger, whereas gingerbread often refers to the flavors that make up gingerbread: blackstrap molasses, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and sometimes cardamom. For this recipe, I did not include cloves or cardamom.
Other Gingerbread Recipes
If you tried this Gingerbread Peanut Butter Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Gingerbread Peanut Butter
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add water as needed.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.