Even salad haters will love this Crispy Tofu Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing! It is sweet, savory, and indulgent!
After making some Baked Tofu Chicken Nuggets, I knew I had to make this Crispy Tofu Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard Mustard Dressing.
The inspiration for it came from a restaurant that I used to work at many years ago. On the menu was a fried chicken salad with a honey mustard dressing.
My version is a lot healthier because I used baked tofu nuggets in place of the fried chicken strips. If you aren't that into salads, then this is the salad for you!
The tofu is coated in almond milk and Dijon mustard, then baked in a breading of chickpea flour and nutritional yeast. When baked in breading, tofu becomes crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor, while Dijon mustard adds a tangy note.
Then, I added sweet dried cranberries and sweet mustard dressing. The sweet ingredients compliment the savory baked tofu recipe nicely. This salad makes you feel like you are indulging, yet it is good for you.
Having a variety of textures and colors helps to jazz up a salad: creamy avocado, crunchy almond bacon, creamy turmeric dressing, and juicy strawberries. Homemade croutons are another easy addition that adds crunch and flavor.
I think the vegetable haters of the world just need to experiment to find out how they like their vegetables prepared. My personal favorite way of cooking vegetables is roasting them.
Who says you can't have roasted veggies on a salad? One of my favorite Fall salads is a Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing. I wouldn't have my beets any other way!
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is a hearty meal.
- It is perfect for people who want something comforting, but healthy.
- It is perfect for lunch or a weeknight dinner.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce. Use whatever variety or blend you like.
- Onion: You could use red onion, sweet onion, or yellow onion.
- Celery: Adds crunch.
- Dried cranberries: You could also use dried cherries.
- Baked tofu nuggets: I used my Homemade Baked Tofu Nuggets recipe.
- Vegan honey mustard dressing: I used my Homemade Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing. You could also use store-bought dressing.
- Tamari pumpkin and sunflower seeds: Add an umami flavor. I used my Tamari Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds recipe. You could also use plain toasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Layer all the ingredients in two bowls.
Step 2: Pour dressing on top.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
One of the ways to make tofu crispy is to bread it and bake it like I did for this recipe.
Yes, crispy tofu tastes great cold in this salad. You can also use hot crispy tofu in this salad.
🥗 Other Easy Salads
If you tried this Crispy Tofu Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Crispy Tofu Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- In two bowls, place Romaine lettuce, sliced onion, chopped celery, dried cranberries, and tofu nuggets.
- Drizzle sweet mustard dressing on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.