This sweet and savory Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is a side dish the whole family will love. Made in 15 minutes, it's perfect for a party or potluck.
I think Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is probably one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli. It is one of the few times that I eat raw broccoli. It's one of those vegetables that I prefer to cook.
This salad has all the makings of a great salad in my book. It has sweet and savory components, and it packs a lot of crunch.
Dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness, and almond bacon adds a sweet smoky flavor. I made the dressing with unsweetened plain coconut yogurt to keep this salad on the lighter side.
This broccoli salad is perfect for a potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature. Serve it as a side dish with a sandwich or pasta.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It has the perfect balance of flavors.
- The dressing is made with mostly unsweetened yogurt to keep it on the lighter side.
- It can be served at room temperature.
- Broccoli: Look for broccoli with tightly closed dark green or purplish buds. Avoid broccoli with yellow, orange, or brown spots.
- Red onion: I prefer red onion for this salad, but you could also use green onions.
- Red pepper: Adds crunch and flavor.
- Dried cranberries: Adds a sweet tart flavor. You could also use raisins.
- Sunflower seeds: I used roasted sunflower seeds. You could also use roasted pumpkin seeds or my tamari pumpkin seeds recipe.
- Almond bacon: Adds a crunchy texture. You could also use store-bought vegan bacon bits, or sliced almonds, or leave them out.
- Unsweetened vegan yogurt: I used plain unsweetened coconut yogurt to keep the salad on the healthier side. You could also use more vegan mayo.
- Vegan mayonnaise: Adds a rich creamy flavor.
- Dijon mustard: I used Dijon mustard but you could also use yellow mustard or brown mustard.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. You could also use rice vinegar.
- Agave syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use maple syrup or your favorite sweetener.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Broccoli Salad Dressing: Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
Whisk until it is smooth and creamy.
Salad: Add chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and almond bacon to the dressing.
Toss to combine.
Let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes so that the flavors can meld together.
- Baked Lentil Burgers
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich
- Maple Dijon Baked Tofu Sandwich
- Vegan BLAT
- Tempeh Avocado Wrap recipe
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan broccoli salad has chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, almond bacon, and a creamy dressing.
This vegan broccoli salad recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Vegan Side Dishes
If you tried this Vegan Broccoli Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on July 30, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Add chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and almond bacon. Mix thoroughly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.