This sweet and savory Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is perfect for a picnic, potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature.
I think Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is probably one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli. It is one of the few times that I eat broccoli raw. It’s one of those vegetables that I prefer cooked. I have been making this salad for years, but I haven’t had it for a long time. Since it has been incredibly hot here in Tucson, I have been craving salads a lot more. What better time to make a vegan broccoli salad!
This salad has all the makings of a great salad in my book. It has sweet and savory components, and it packs a lot of crunch. Dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness, and almond bacon adds a sweet smoky flavor. I made the dressing with unsweetened plain coconut yogurt to keep this salad on the lighter side.
This is perfect for a potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature. The only tip that I would give is to add the sunflower seeds and almond bacon at the last minute so that they stay crunchy.
Another salad that I made with broccoli recently was my Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Pomegranate Quinoa Salad. That salad can also be served at room temperature. I used a Turmeric Tahini Dressing for it, which adds a savory cheesy taste from nutritional yeast.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almond bacon (optional)
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Add chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and almond bacon. Mix thoroughly.