This sweet and savory Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is perfect for a picnic, potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature.
I think Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries is probably one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli. It is one of the few times that I eat broccoli raw. It's one of those vegetables that I prefer cooked.
I have been making this salad for years, but I haven't had it for a long time. Since it has been incredibly hot here in Tucson, I have been craving salads a lot more. What better time to make a vegan broccoli salad!
This salad has all the makings of a great salad in my book. It has sweet and savory components, and it packs a lot of crunch.
Dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness, and almond bacon adds a sweet smoky flavor. I made the dressing with unsweetened plain coconut yogurt to keep this salad on the lighter side.
This is perfect for a potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature.
How To Make This Recipe
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients until blended.
- Salad: Add chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and almond bacon. Mix well.
How Long Does It Last?
This broccoli salad recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- Let it sit so that the flavors can meld together.
- Add the almond bacon and sunflower seeds right before serving so they stay crunchy.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces so that it's easier to eat.
This healthy broccoli salad is made with unsweetened coconut yogurt to lighten up the dish.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almond bacon (optional)
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Add chopped broccoli, red onion, red pepper, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and almond bacon. Mix thoroughly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.