These easy Tamari Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds are a great addition to trail mix or a salad. Tamari elevates raw seeds to a whole new level!
Oh, how I love easy recipes! These Tamari Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds are one of those recipes. They literally take a few minutes to make.
My favorite way to use these is in a salad. They add a crunchy savory bite. Tamari, onion powder, and garlic powder elevate plain raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds to a whole new level.
They are also great for vegan travel food for road trips and going on hikes. Add them to a trail mix for a savory element.
If you've never had tamari before, it is a soy sauce from Japan. It is a by-product of miso and is made with no or very little wheat, making it a great choice for people who cannot tolerate gluten. It is said to have a darker color and richer flavor than the common Chinese soy sauce.
It adds an umami flavor to whatever you add it to. I use it a lot in my cooking, especially Asian-inspired dishes like Crispy Teriyaki Tofu. I've also used it to add a salty rich flavor to recipes like Tofu Bacon.
It is one of my favorite flavors to marinate tofu in. If you are someone who thinks they don't like tofu, it might be because you haven't had it prepared the right way. My Tofu Bacon recipe might surprise you.
Or, if you prefer something more indulgent, then maybe Baked Tofu Bites might be more to your liking. They are crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.
As you can tell, I am a big fan of tofu and hate the bad rap it gets. So if I can convince people to at least give it a shot, then my work here is done.
Did you know that tofu can also be made into Chocolate Pudding?
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They add an umami flavor to anything you add them to.
- They work great in a salad or trail mix, and they taste great by themselves.
- They are done in minutes.
- Raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds: I used raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds because you will be toasting them.
- Tamari: I used low-sodium gluten-free tamari because I like to control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- Onion powder: Adds a salty onion flavor.
- Garlic powder: Adds a concentrated pungent garlic flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to a pan. Toast them for a few minutes.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for a few minutes longer, until the tamari is dissolved.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can use soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos in place of the tamari in this recipe.
You can store tamari in a cool dark place when unopened. Once you open it, store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh longer.
Other Vegan Snacks
If you tried this Tamari Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Tamari Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds
- Toast pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tamari, onion powder, and garlic powder and cook 2-3 minutes longer, until tamari is dissolved.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.