These sweet and spicy Maple Chipotle Cashews make a great gift or appetizer. They are made in minutes with the perfect balance of flavors.
Sweet and spicy is my absolute favorite flavor combination. These Maple Chipotle Cashews are just that.
I made these about three or four times to get the spice level that I wanted. Yes, these are spicy!
These spicy roasted cashews literally take only a few minutes to make. No oven required! It's waiting for them to cool that takes time.
I found myself eating them hot off the stove because I just couldn't wait to try some. (I may have burnt my fingers and tongue a couple of times.) After all, a cook has to taste her food, right!
These candied cashews make a great gift. Put them in mason jar with a pretty ribbon and you're all set!
They are a healthy snack. They also make a great addition to a salad.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Cashews: I used unsalted roasted cashews because I like to control the amount of salt. I like roasted for the crunchy roasted taste. You could use salted roasted cashews or raw cashews that you roast yourself.
- Maple syrup: For its sweet maple flavor. I used pure maple syrup. Both grade A and B will work.
- Chipotle powder: Adds a spicy smoky flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
How To Make Maple Chipotle Cashews
Step 1: Mix chipotle powder and maple syrup.
Step 2: Put cashews in a skillet. Add maple chipotle mixture and a pinch or two of salt.
Step 3: Cook on medium heat for several minutes.
Step 4: Spread cashews in a single layer on parchment or foil on a baking sheet until they cool to room temperature.
How Long Do These Last?
These candied cashews will last for 2-3 weeks in an airtight container in the pantry, and even longer if stored in the fridge or freezer.These sweet and spicy Maple Chipotle Cashews make a great gift or appetizer. They are made in minutes with the perfect balance of flavors. Click To Tweet
Ways To Serve
- Snack or appetizer
- Ice cream
- Overnight oats
Variations / Additions
- Cayenne pepper or paprika
- Sriracha powder
- Agave syrup
- Almonds, pecans, or walnuts
Other Candied Nuts
These spicy candied cashews take no time at all, so there's no excuse not to make them!
I originally posted this recipe September 20, 2016. I added new photos, text, and a video when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Mix chipotle powder and maple syrup.
- Put cashews in a pan. Add maple syrup chipotle mixture and salt. Cook on medium high heat for several minutes, stirring frequently until liquid dissolves. Spread cashews on parchment paper or aluminum foil to cool.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.