Add this vegan Tofu Bacon to your favorite sandwich (like a vegan BLT), or a salad. It is smoky and sweet.
Vegan Bacon Substitute
I think I have said this before, but I will say it again. In the seventeen years that I have been vegan, I have never bought bacon analogues (bacon alternatives). I haven’t craved bacon, or anything resembling it.
So why make a Tofu Bacon recipe now? Because I know that there are people out there transitioning to plant based foods that want a bacon substitute.
Yes, I realize that there are umpteen different recipes out there already for vegan bacon, but I also know that sometimes people need a new messenger to deliver the message.
There are many authors that talk about the Law of Attraction, but I only gravitate towards a few of them, even though they are all basically saying the same thing.
Besides, I thought it would be good to add Tofu Bacon to my culinary repertoire, and I love tofu.
Vegan BLT Sandwich
Recently, I have fallen in love with Pamela’s pizza crust mix. You can make it into bread, buns, or calzones. Happy dance!
So instead of using tiny slices of brown rice bread or brown rice tortillas that fall apart, which are my normal vegan gluten free go-to bread products, I get to make artisan style bread that I can make into the shapes and sizes that I want.
They taste great and do not fall apart! Pictured below is a Vegan BLAT made with Pamela’s.
Add this vegan Tofu Bacon to your favorite sandwich (like a vegan BLT), or a salad. It is smoky and sweet. Click To Tweet
Other Recipes You Might Like
How To Make Tofu Bacon
- Drain and press the tofu for at least 15 to 30 minutes. This gets all the moisture out, improves its texture, and helps to hold its shape.
- Marinate the tofu for at least an hour to overnight so that it can absorb the flavors.
- Cook for several minutes until crispy.
- Easy, right!
Vegan Bacon Recipe
This vegan bacon recipe is sweet and savory. Add it to a sandwich or your favorite dish. It may not taste like bacon, but it does have a smoky flavor that is sure to satisfy.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- Slice tofu about 1/8" thick.
- Mix marinade ingredients (except olive oil). Pour over tofu and let sit for at least an hour to overnight.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Place marinated tofu in pan, and cook for several minutes on each side. Spoon some of the marinade on top. Cook both sides until crispy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.