This easy Tofu Scramble is a perfect way to start you day. It is packed with protein and vegetables.
I love to have a smoothie for breakfast - it gives me vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, greens, and protein. My favorite all-in-one shake is Vega One, which gives me everything I need.
When I want something hot and comforting, I turn to a Tofu Scramble. It fills me up with protein and veggies.
The vegetables I used were what I happen to have in my fridge, but there are so many possibilities of what to include. I have made this Tofu Scramble with tomatoes, broccoli, onion, hot chili peppers - the list goes on.
I have also made a Tofu Scramble and Black Bean Breakfast Burrito with black beans, serrano pepper, onion, spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes, and spices.
Play around with your favorite veggies to see what you come up with!
Other Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Spinach and Broccoli Vegan Quiche
- Soy Chorizo and Tofu Breakfast Tacos
- Tofu Frittata
- Caramelized Onion Vegan Quiche
How to Make This Recipe
Drain tofu. Add olive oil or spray to a hot pan on medium high heat.
Add tofu, crumbling as you add it to the pan. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Add turmeric, tamari, salt and pepper. Cook a couple of minutes.
Add chopped vegetables (except spinach), green onion, and minced garlic. Cook until crisp tender.
Add spinach, in batches if necessary, and cook 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
Four cups of spinach may sound like a lot, but it does shrink down quite a bit. I put a variable amount of turmeric, because I like a good amount. I would taste it after ½ teaspoon, and see how you like it.
This is one of the first recipes that many vegans add to their repertoire when they become vegan. Once you make it, you'll see why. It is one of the easiest recipes you can make, and you can customize it to your liking.
This recipe was originally published on December 20, 2014. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- 14 oz. firm tofu drained
- ½ - 1 teaspoon turmeric taste after ½ teaspoon, add more if needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil spray
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Crumble the tofu and add it to the pan. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, tamari, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables (except spinach), garlic and green onion.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add spinach in batches, if necessary, and cook 2-3 minutes until wilted.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.