This easy Tofu Scramble is a perfect way to start you day. It is packed with protein and vegetables.
I love to have a smoothie for breakfast - it gives me my vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, greens, and protein. My favorite nutritional shake is Vega One, which gives me everything I need.
When I want something hot and comforting, I turn to my Tofu Scramble. It fills me up with all the protein and veggies that it has in it.
Four cups of spinach may sound like a lot, but it does shrink down quite a bit. I put a variable amount of turmeric, because I like a good amount. I would taste it after 1/2 teaspoon, and see how you like it.
These were the vegetables I happen to have in my fridge, but there are so many possibilities of what to include. I have made this Tofu Scramble with tomatoes, broccoli, onion, mushroom - the list goes on. I have also made a Tofu Scramble and Black Bean Breakfast Burrito with black beans, serrano pepper, onion, spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes, and spices.
Play around with your favorite veggies to see what you come up with!
This is one of the first recipes that many vegans add to their repertoire when they become vegan. Once you make it, you'll see why. It is one of the easiest recipes you can make, and you can customize it to your liking.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon turmeric taste after 1/2 teaspoon, add more if needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil spray or oil
- Break the tofu apart and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, tamari, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables (not the spinach yet), garlic and green onion.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add spinach in batches, if necessary, and cook 2-3 minutes until wilted.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.