This easy classic Vegan Macaroni Salad is perfect for potlucks and parties because it can be served at room temperature.
This Vegan Macaroni Salad came about because I had a major craving for it. It came out of nowhere and for no reason, and I knew I just had to make it.
I am so glad that I did. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the most satisfying.
Macaroni salad is the quintessential Summer salad. I don't even remember the last time that I had macaroni salad. It's probably been 10 years or more.
So before Summer is over, do yourself a favor and make this Vegan Macaroni Salad. You'll be glad you did.
It's perfect for a picnic, potluck, BBQ, or party. It can be served at room temperature, which is a host's dream come true. Eat it for lunch or as a side dish for dinner.
Other Salads You Might Like (That also are great for a Potluck)
- Sriracha Coleslaw
- Red Pepper and Artichoke Pasta Salad
- Vegan Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
- Curried Carrot Salad
This easy classic Vegan Macaroni Salad is perfect for potlucks and parties because it can be served at room temperature. Click To Tweet
Tips for Making a Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Taste as you go. Taste the dressing, taste the salad ingredients, and taste the final product. You may want more or less sugar, red onion, etc.
- Salt your pasta water! I've noticed that most pasta products fail to mention this on their directions for cooking the pasta, but it's very important. Pasta soaks up the salt as it cooks. It's important to season at every step in cooking.
- I also add a splash of olive oil to my pasta, because brown rice pasta loves to stick together. That's purely optional, but I find that it helps.
Vegan Macaroni Salad
Before Summer ends, make some vegan pasta salad for that last picnic or potluck!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here's the brown rice pasta I used to make the vegan macaroni salad. I love the taste of it.
Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Make pasta according to directions. Make sure to add a large pinch of salt when water is boiling. Optional: add a splash of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix dressing ingredients. Add cooked pasta and chopped vegetables. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.