This Red Lentil Pasta Salad with Chickpeas is made with mostly pantry staples in 20 minutes. It can be served at room temperature for a party!
I love recipes that I can whip up with ingredients that I have in my pantry. This Red Lentil Pasta Salad with Chickpeas is just such a recipe.
It's nice to have a well-stocked pantry for recipes such as these.
This is one of those recipes that is great for a potluck or party because it can be served at room temperature. Anytime that I can make entertaining less stressful, I am all over it!
For the pasta, I used a red lentil and quinoa pasta. It is high in protein and tastes great, which I cannot say for all the other gluten-free products that I have tried.
It makes a great main dish or side dish. Check out my Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes for more ideas.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's made with pantry staples.
- It's made in about 20 minutes.
- It is healthy and hearty.
- Roasted red pepper tahini dressing: Adds a sweet and savory flavor.
- Red lentil pasta: I used red lentil rotini pasta. You could also use chickpea pasta or brown rice pasta.
- Garbanzo beans: Add a creamy flavor. You could also use white beans or lentils.
- Red bell pepper: Add a sweet roasted flavor. You could also use yellow or orange bell peppers.
- Artichokes: I used marinated artichokes. You could also use canned.
- Olives: When I first published this recipe I used a combination of black and green olives. When I republished it I used Kalamata olives because that is what I had on hand. Use whatever olives and combinations you like.
- Capers: Add a salty briny flavor. You could leave them out.
- Red pepper flakes: Adds a spice flavor.
- Salt and black pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix the roasted red pepper tahini dressing ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook lentil noodles according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
Step 3: Add garbanzo beans, red pepper, artichokes, olive, capers, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to a large bowl.
Step 4: Add red lentil pasta and roasted red pepper tahini dressing to the bowl.
Step 5: Stir to combine.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Most packaged pasta is vegan. Some pasta contains eggs and, therefore is not vegan. So be sure to read labels.
The most common types of gluten-free pasta are made from red lentil pasta, chickpea pasta, brown rice pasta, corn pasta, quinoa pasta, shirataki pasta, and buckwheat pasta.
Vegan Pasta Salad Recipes
If you tried this Red Lentil Pasta Salad with Chickpeas Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on March 22, 2017. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Red Lentil Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
- Cook pasta according to direction. Drain and let cool.
- Combine garbanzo beans, red pepper, artichokes, olives, capers, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add pasta and red pepper tahini dressing. Stir to combine.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.