These creamy Spicy Peanut Noodles are done in less than 15 minutes! Made with sweet red chili sauce, they are rich and slightly spicy.
This Spicy Peanut Noodles recipe is one that I have been making a very long time.
What can I say? I love peanut sauce! The flavor of peanut butter with sweet red chili sauce, tamari, and lime juice is a wonderful combination.
The best part is this pasta is made in about 15 minutes with pantry staples, making it perfect for a weeknight.
It tastes great hot or cold. Serve it with my Vegan Spicy Cucumber Salad recipe.
Another peanut butter recipe to try is Homemade Payday Bars with peanut butter.
What's The Best Type of Pasta To Use?
You can use any pasta you like, but flat ribbon pasta work best with a creamy sauce. Examples of flat ribbon pastas are fettuccine, linguine, tagliatelle, and pappardelle. I used Pad Thai rice noodles.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pad Thai rice noodles: I like Pad Thai rice noodles, but you could use your favorite.
- Peanut butter: For a creamy texture and nutty flavor.
- Sweet red chili sauce: Adds a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Low sodium gluten-free tamari: I like low sodium so that I can control the sodium content. You could use regular tamari. It adds a salty umami flavor.
- Lime juice: Adds a bright tart flavor. You can also use rice vinegar or brown rice vinegar. I've used both in this recipe in place of the lime juice.
- Sriracha sauce: Adds spice.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Brown rice vinegar
- Almond butter
- Cashew butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Coconut milk
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Whisk peanut sauce ingredients.
Step 2: Boil water in a saucepan.
Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes, or until tender, but still chewy. Drain water.
Step 3: Toss pasta in peanut sauce.
Step 4: Divide between onto bowls or plates. Top with chopped peanuts, green onions, and basil.
- Cooking time for noodles will vary depending upon the type of pasta and size. See directions on pasta.
- Taste the pasta for doneness. It should be tender but chewy. If it's hard or firm, let it cook longer.
- If noodles are thin, check every couple of minutes to see if they're done.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Peanut sauce goes well on pasta or served with spring rolls.
The peanut sauce on these noodles is sweet, spicy, and savory.
If you tried this Spicy Peanut Noodles Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped basil
- Mix peanut butter, sweet red chili sauce, low sodium gluten free tamari, lime juice, sriracha sauce, and water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes (depending upon the size of noodles), or until tender but still chewy. Drain water.
- Toss noodles with peanut sauce.
- Divide into bowls. Sprinkle chopped peanuts, green onions and basil on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.