These creamy Thai Peanut Noodles are done in less than 15 minutes! Made with sweet red chili sauce, they are rich and slightly spicy.
This Thai Peanut Noodles recipe is one that I have been making a very long time. I've used the Thai peanut sauce or a variation of it for Vegetable Spring Rolls, a Thai Veggie Wrap, and Cucumber and Carrot Noodles.
What can I say? I love peanut sauce! The flavor of peanut butter with sweet red chili sauce, tamari, and lime juice is a wonderful combination.
What's The Best Type of Pasta To Use?
You can use any pasta you like, but flat ribbon pastas work best with a creamy sauce. Examples of flat ribbon pastas are fettuccine, linguine, tagliatelle, and pappardelle. I used Pad Thai rice noodles.
Other Pasta Recipes
- Tahini Noodles
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Pasta
- Super Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Taco Pasta
How To Make This Recipe
- Whisk peanut sauce ingredients.
- Boil water in a sauce pan.
- Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes, or until tender, but still chewy. Drain water.
- Toss pasta in peanut sauce.
- Top with chopped peanuts, green onions, and basil.
How Long Does It Last?
These vegan peanut noodles will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cooking time for noodles will vary depending upon the type of pasta and size. See directions on pasta.
- Taste the pasta for doneness. It should be tender but chewy. If it's hard or firm, let it cook longer.
- If noodles are thin, check every couple of minutes to see if they're done.
Variations / Additions
- Brown rice vinegar
- Almond butter
- Cashew butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Coconut milk
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thai Peanut Noodles
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped basil
- Mix peanut butter, sweet red chili sauce, low sodium gluten free tamari, lime juice, sriracha sauce, and water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes (depending upon the size of noodles), or until tender but still chewy. Drain water.
- Toss noodles with peanut sauce.
- Divide into bowls. Sprinkle chopped peanuts, green onions and basil on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.