Made in 20 minutes with pantry staples, this Vegan Pasta Salad can be enjoyed any time! It has tofu feta, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, and olives.
Sometimes it's nice to have a recipe that's made with ingredients you already have on hand. This Vegan Pasta Salad is that recipe.
It comes together quickly and can be served at room temperature, making it perfect for a party, potluck or picnic. Serve it as the main dish or as a side dish.
It's made with herbaceous tofu feta to add a cheesy flavor, which I also used in my Greek Salad recipe.
If you like Kalamata olives, try my Kalamata Olive Hummus.
- Rotini pasta: Rotini pasta works well in a pasta salad, holding the dressing in its crevices. I used chickpea pasta because it's a flavorful gluten-free pasta that is high in protein, but you could use any kind you like. Penne, fusilli or farfalle would also work well.
- Homemade tofu feta: For an herby taste. It's hearty and has a creamy texture.
- Roasted red peppers: Add a nice sweet charred flavor.
- Artichoke hearts: Add a tangy flavor.
- Kalamata olives: Add a salty briny flavor.
- Basil: Adds a fresh note of pepper and anise. Plus, it adds a nice pop of green!
I ate the leftover pasta with nutritional yeast to add a cheesy flavor and to change it up a bit.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients.
- Pasta Salad: Boil water and and add pasta. Cook per directions. Drain and let cool.
- Chop tofu feta, roasted red pepper, and artichoke hearts. Slice Kalamata olives.
- Add to pasta.
- Add dressing, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
This vegan pasta salad recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Nutritional yeast
- Sun-dried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- Fresh bell pepper
- Chickpeas, white beans or lentils
- Kale or spinach
- Parsley or other fresh herbs
- Red onion
- Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Dressing or Tahini Dressing
Serve this cold pasta salad with a Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onion Focaccia Sandwich or a Vegan Avocado Pesto Caprese Sandwich. If you're packing a picnic you may want some other salads to go with it:
Other Pasta Salads
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
Vegan Pasta Salad
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces rotini pasta - I used chickpea pasta
- 1 cup tofu feta
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Handful chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain water and let cool.
- Chop roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, and tofu feta. Slice Kalamata olives. Mix with pasta.
- Add dressing, chopped fresh basil, and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply