This Vegan Tuna Salad takes about 10 minutes and has a similar taste and texture to tuna salad.
Being vegan for over twenty years, it's been a very long time since I've had a tuna salad sandwich. I can still remember the flavor and texture though, and this Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich comes pretty close to the original.
It has a fishy flavor from nori seaweed and the texture of tuna from canned jackfruit.
What Is Vegan Tuna Made From?
There are many different plant based ingredients that could be used for vegan tuna. For this vegan tuna salad recipe I used jackfruit because it resembles tuna when it's pulled apart and it has a similar texture.This Vegan Tuna Salad takes about 10 minutes and has a similar taste and texture to tuna salad. Click To Tweet
How to Make This Recipe
Drain and rinse jackfruit. Pull it apart with a fork or your hands and chop it. You can also use a food processor by using the pulse setting so that you can control how finely it gets chopped.
Mix vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and sweet pickle relish. Add chopped jackfruit, celery, green onions, nori, and salt and pepper.
Other Vegan Sandwiches You Might Like
- Tofu Salad Sandwich
- Apple Pecan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
What Can I Use Instead of Vegan Mayo?
You could use plain unsweetened vegan yogurt. Greek style would work the best because it's got a thick consistency. You could also use vegan sour cream.
- If you don't have nori, you could substitute dulse flakes, kelp flakes or another seaweed.
- If you prefer dill relish use that.
- To make this recipe faster, use a food processor to break apart the jackfruit. I did it by hand because I prefer larger chunks.
How Long Will Vegan Tuna Salad Last?
This jackfruit tuna salad recipe will last up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Tuna Salad
- Drain and rinse jackfruit. Pull it apart and chop it. Set aside.
- Mix vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and sweet pickle relish.
- Add chopped jackfruit, celery, green onions, nori, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.