This Curried Tofu Salad is sweet and savory. It's quick and easy to make and tastes great by itself or in a sandwich.
This Curried Tofu Salad is one of the easiest recipes you can make and one of the tastiest, in my opinion. I love the contrast of sweet and savory flavors, and the different textures from crunchy peanuts to chewy cranberries to soft tofu.
This gluten-free tofu salad is perfect for a brown bag lunch or potluck. Put in a wrap for easy transport.
If you love curry, check out my Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Firm tofu: Firm tofu or extra firm tofu work best for this recipe. You could also use chickpeas, soy curls or tempeh.
- Carrots: Adds sweetness. You could also use celery.
- Dried cranberries: Adds sweetness. You could also use dried cherries, raisins or dried mango.
- Green onions: You could also use red onions.
- Apples: I used Granny Smith apples because I like the tart flavor, but you could use your favorite variety. You could also use grapes instead.
- Vegan mayo: Adds creamy texture and tangy flavor. You could also use unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- Curry powder: Adds the curry flavor.
- Peanuts: You could also use roasted cashews, walnuts, or almonds.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Mix vegan mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Slice or crumble tofu. Add it to the mayo mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Add grated carrots, dried cranberries, chopped green onion, chopped apple, and peanuts. Stir to combine.
This tofu salad recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This tofu salad can be eaten by itself, with crackers, on a bed of lettuce, in a lettuce or tortilla wrap, or sandwich.
I like firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe. I always buy the kind in the refrigerated section.
No, for this recipe you only need to drain it.
🥪 Other Vegan Sandwiches
This recipe was originally published on March 15, 2016. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Curried Tofu Salad
- Mix curry powder and vegan mayo together in a bowl.
- Slice or crumble tofu and add to the bowl. Mix and add salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, dried cranberries, green onion, apple, and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different result