This Curried Tofu Salad is sweet and savory. It's quick and easy to make and tastes great by itself or in a sandwich.
This Curried Tofu Salad is one of the easiest recipes you can make and one of the tastiest, in my opinion.
I love the contrast of sweet and savory flavors and the different textures from crunchy peanuts to chewy cranberries to soft tofu.
This creamy tofu salad is perfect for a brown bag lunch or potluck. Use it as a sandwich filling or in a wrap for easy transport.
When you crumble tofu it has an egg-like consistency, which I used in my Vegan Egg Salad. This eggless salad is similar but with curry flavors.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Made with whole foods, it is sweet and savory.
- It is made in minutes.
- It is a healthy lunch; perfect for brown bagging it to work.
- Firm tofu: A firm tofu block or a block of extra firm tofu works best for this recipe. I buy tofu that is packed in water found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You could also use chickpeas, soy curls, or tempeh.
- Carrots: Adds sweetness. You could also use chopped crisp celery or red peppers.
- Dried cranberries: Adds sweetness. You could also use dried cherries, sweet raisins, golden raisins, or dried mango.
- Green onions: A red onion would also work.
- Apples: I used Granny Smith apples because I like the tart flavor, but you could use your favorite variety. You could also use grapes instead.
- Vegan mayo: Adds a creamy texture and tangy flavor. You could also use unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- Curry powder: Adds the curry flavor.
- Peanuts: I used roasted peanuts, but you could also use roasted cashews, walnuts, or almonds.
- Salt and black pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add vegan mayonnaise and curry powder to a medium bowl.
Step 2: Mix until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Slice or crumble the tofu. Add the crumbled or cubed tofu to the mayo mixture. Add salt and pepper.
Step 4: Mix until combined.
Step 5: Add grated carrots, dried cranberries, chopped green onion, chopped apple, and peanuts.
Step 6: Stir to combine.
This curry tofu salad can be eaten by itself, with crackers, on a bed of greens, in a lettuce or tortilla wrap, in lettuce cups, or in a sandwich.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
I like firm or extra-firm tofu for this recipe. I always buy the kind packed in water found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
No, for this tofu curry salad, you do not need to use a tofu press. You only need to drain the block of tofu.
🥪 Other Vegan Sandwiches
If you tried this Curried Tofu Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This recipe was originally published on March 15, 2016. I've added new photos and more text.
Curried Tofu Salad
- Mix curry powder and vegan mayo together in a bowl.
- Slice or crumble tofu and add to the bowl. Mix and add salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, dried cranberries, green onion, apple, and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different result